AC Finally working

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Over the past few months I've been troubleshooting my AC. Lots of info posted on other links regarding this saga. Bottom line is that it was the wire that runs from the Power Distribution Box AC relay (circuit C3) to connector C107 (near the PS pump on the frame rail). Checked continuity from the plug back to the relay socket with zero continuity. Took the Power distribution box apart (bottom off) and checked inside. Pretty basic wiring system and the DB/BK wire from the relay was right there in the bundle. Tapped into the wire and ran a new one to C107 plug where the corresponding DB/BK wire entered the plug. Tapped back in there and put everything back together. Fired-up the beast...hit the AC switch...and Walla...cold blast out of the vents. Cycled the "new" AC compressor a few times to break in the new clutch, checked the system pressure, and sat there smiling...finally. Man these electronic gremlins can be hard to isolate. I hate to think what it would have cost to have a tech finally figure it out. I also wonder why the wire "broke" somewhere in that loom from the PDB to the connector. Some really tight bends and a lot of heat/vibrations given its location. Not about to attempt to unwrap the loom to chase down the exact spot. Just bypass it and live on...:)

isanti

Viper Owner
Reaction score
sweet, good job. Don't think I would have the patience for finding the issue but I also don't live in Florida :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960