Accident...

OP
OP
C

cposk

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Car is officially totaled. We reached a fair settlement and I am going to be buying the salvaged vehicle back. I will discuss details after everything is said and done. I am not going to be rebuilding the vehicle.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
C

cposk

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Buy it back and not fix it. Interesting LOL.

It was so cheap I had to...

I want to try to sell it as one piece first. My mom would kill me if I started taking it apart in her driveway. She didn't like it there before the accident lol.

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PM me what you want for the "1 piece"... Might be a good place to start my exotic rent-a-wreck company.

I'll fill the trunk with beer, give it to Dave for several months & get a pristine car back with white hood vents :rolleyes::dunno:

Nitro187

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It was so cheap I had to...

I want to try to sell it as one piece first. My mom would kill me if I started taking it apart in her driveway. She didn't like it there before the accident lol.

How much was the buy back?

And also, what did they give you for the car?

carbon777

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This car is repairable I agree with Dave. I doubt a decent frame shop couldn't straighten it and that bodywork isn't that bad. If nothing fix it and sell it as a track car ....always seems to be people looking on here.

Sorry to hear about the wreck though ...btw things happen even to good drivers.

ViperNM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This car is repairable I agree with Dave. I doubt a decent frame shop couldn't straighten it and that bodywork isn't that bad. If nothing fix it and sell it as a track car ....always seems to be people looking on here.

Sorry to hear about the wreck though ...btw things happen even to good drivers.

You can buy a front frame section (front clip) for less than $2500. Probably looking at 1-2 days labor which includes cutting welding and undercoating. I think the frame could be repaired for under $5K. Plus buying quality used parts that Dave mentioned and I think you're looking at $20K-$25K to bring 'er back to shape.

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For anyone that PM'd me car is sold. Hopefully I'll have another GTS one day.

That was fast. DO you mind giving us some numbers so we know what direction prices are heading.

Thanks.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was fast. DO you mind giving us some numbers so we know what direction prices are heading.

Thanks.

That makes the assumption that you have an accumulated list of previous prices. That you'll add this one to, making your graph or chart more current.

Given that thought, do you mind giving us all the previous data you have?

It would seem... Well, two things actually...

One, that since he has mentioned very little info about this sale, that he is (and will continue to) reserve his right to privacy. I think my nunya comment may still apply here.

Two, that each one of these events (crashes etc.) is so unique and has so many influences (damage to car, insurance policies, # of lookers for a wrecked car, etc.), that there is no statistical relevance to this event versus a previous event in regards to money exchanges.

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That makes the assumption that you have an accumulated list of previous prices. That you'll add this one to, making your graph or chart more current.

Given that thought, do you mind giving us all the previous data you have?

It would seem... Well, two things actually...

One, that since he has mentioned very little info about this sale, that he is (and will continue to) reserve his right to privacy. I think my nunya comment may still apply here.

Two, that each one of these events (crashes etc.) is so unique and has so many influences (damage to car, insurance policies, # of lookers for a wrecked car, etc.), that there is no statistical relevance to this event versus a previous event in regards to money exchanges.

Man, everyone on this forum has to add their 2 cents.

He sold it quick, obviously it went for cheap because he didn't want to deal with it. He also said he bought it cheap from the insurance company.

I did NOT DEMAND he tell us the numbers. I ASKED.

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I want to know what he bought and sold it for also. I don't care about privacy, I'll never meet the guy, don't know his name, so who cares.

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please don't post prices. All parties got a good deal.

So you bought another salvage car to sell and make money from?

I LOVE how the viper community is so "tight" except for when it comes to how much a damaged car was bought and sold for. Then it's every man for himself and everything is hush hush. Makes no sense. The deal is done. What does it matter if word gets out it was sold for $5,000 or $10,000 or $30,000?

The only person who DOESN'T want others to know is the person who bought the car on the forum and will reap in the benefits from parting it out to make 3 times their money on it. #Truth.

Last edited:

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I LOVE how the viper community is so "tight" except for when it comes to how much a damaged car was bought and sold for. Then it's every man for himself and everything is hush hush. Makes no sense. The deal is done. What does it matter if word gets out it was sold for $5,000 or $10,000 or $30,000?

The only person who DOESN'T want others to know is the person who bought the car on the forum and will reap in the benefits from parting it out to make 3 times their money on it. #Truth.

I LOVE HOW some people think they know what they are talking about but have no clue.

I in fact did not buy the car. I had planned to and rebuild it for a track car but I couldn't see leaving it sit for 2 years before I could touch it so I wasn't able to justify the purchase. I would feel wrong for parting that car out, its in too good of condition.

Also keep in mind the amount of work that goes into parting a car out if that was the path someone would take. Its not as easy at it seems.

ALSO nothing stopped you from making a bid on the car so cry me a river.

My comment was said to prevent driving values down. Both got a killer deal and I am jealous and honestly if I was living in VA at my house I would have pursued the purchase much more aggressively.

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I purchased the car and have purchased many from club members. I rebuild Vipers for a living as do the headers. If the owner wants to post what I purchased it for that is fine but I don't ask that question. Do you ask how much money some one makes at there job? Why do you think it is ok to ask how much money he made on it?

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I purchased the car and have purchased many from club members. I rebuild Vipers for a living as do the headers. If the owner wants to post what I purchased it for that is fine but I don't ask that question. Do you ask how much money some one makes at there job? Why do you think it is ok to ask how much money he made on it?

Asking how much someone makes at their job is not the same question and I have no problem asking someone how much they make at their job. Some people freely brag and some people don't want to say, but asking doesn't hurt if you want to know.

You people get butt hurt way to easy.

I did not want the car FYI, I have a perfectly fine one, but I was curious with what used ones are going for. I wasn't aware it was against forum rules to ask such questions.

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I LOVE HOW some people think they know what they are talking about but have no clue.

I in fact did not buy the car. I had planned to and rebuild it for a track car but I couldn't see leaving it sit for 2 years before I could touch it so I wasn't able to justify the purchase. I would feel wrong for parting that car out, its in too good of condition.

Also keep in mind the amount of work that goes into parting a car out if that was the path someone would take. Its not as easy at it seems.

My comment was said to prevent driving values down. Both got a killer deal and I am jealous and honestly if I was living in VA at my house I would have pursued the purchase much more aggressively.

If it's sooo much work to disassemble and sell a car then why do it in the first place?

You stuck your nose in business where it didn't belong. YOU didn't sell the car, YOU didn't buy the car, and YOU have no business posting not to post prices on the forum. Not sure who you think you are on this forum.

heliguy25

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Parting is a royal pain, the original owner got a good deal on the buy back and mba got a decent deal as well.. Either way hopefully it ends up in good hands at a reasonable price.

OP
OP
C

cposk

Viper Owner
Reaction score

If it's sooo much work to disassemble and sell a car then why do it in the first place?

You stuck your nose in business where it didn't belong. YOU didn't sell the car, YOU didn't buy the car, and YOU have no business posting not to post prices on the forum. Not sure who you think you are on this forum.

Actually, if you exclude me and buyer, he was the most involved. Had a couple phone calls with him, kept him updated on the status of the sale, so on.
As for the price, I'll just say that it was more than I bought it back for:cool: I didn't go with the highest offer I received. I ended up going for the safest route (money in hand before car is picked up). Both buyer and seller got a good deal, win win situation.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang