Accident...

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it's sooo much work to disassemble and sell a car then why do it in the first place?

You stuck your nose in business where it didn't belong. YOU didn't sell the car, YOU didn't buy the car, and YOU have no business posting not to post prices on the forum. Not sure who you think you are on this forum.

I did it because it was fun. I did it because I wanted the motor. My goal was not to make money off the deal, it was to get the motor. I in fact was not the sole person who purchased the car, I went in on it with someone. On top of that the original owner of that vehicle could of very well parted it himself but it is a lot of effort to do it, and to do it in less then 1 week and ship everything from the car. Only misc parts remaining, even talking to parts vendors it was a feat. Also from the stuff that I sold I sold a ton of it at rock bottom pricing as well as gave some things away to multiple VCA, VA and other forum members to help them out. I also gained a world of experience of how the car was put together doing the stripping. That knowledge, priceless. I definitely didn't triple my investment, lol.

Even more the person who bought the car does rebuild or part out for a living hence the question would be asking how much do you make. Asking someone what they make at their job, especially if you don't know the person, is not tactful.

And as the OP stated I had a lot of involvement in the deal, but your right my nose doesn't belong. Posting the prices would only devalue the vehicle and would not be beneficial to other Viper owners, but I am selfish. You can continue your temper tantrum or take it for what its worth. The OP did have an offer and the deal sounded very shady, though it was from a reputable company. I spent a decent amount of time talking him through the steps and what I recommended to do. I got nothing out of this, I didn't ask for nothing, I didn't gain anything.

That's who I am on here. Who are you on here?

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, everyone on this forum has to add their 2 cents.

No kidding Einstein, people adding their opinions IS WHAT A PUBLIC FORUM IS.

When I get my car back I am going to divulge all the financials. Some will get entertainment value from it, others will use the info for business or statistical purposes. I could care less tho as posting on an internet forum means you are giving that info up, and I'm gonna give it up.

A big difference between me fixing my car and keeping it, and someone buying a wrecked car for business purposes, is that the latter will result in another business transaction. Since my car is not for sale it doesn't hurt me to tell the money story, but how many businesses share their wholesale pricing? Nunya again.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No kidding Einstein, people adding their opinions IS WHAT A PUBLIC FORUM IS.

When I get my car back I am going to divulge all the financials. Some will get entertainment value from it, others will use the info for business or statistical purposes. I could care less tho as posting on an internet forum means you are giving that info up, and I'm gonna give it up.

A big difference between me fixing my car and keeping it, and someone buying a wrecked car for business purposes, is that the latter will result in another business transaction. Since my car is not for sale it doesn't hurt me to tell the money story, but how many businesses share their wholesale pricing? Nunya again.

Dave your making sense, quit it! LOL

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What someone makes on a deal like that is nobodies business. Arlydoiche knows it too.....its just like asking what someone makes for a living. You can ask but you would look like an ass.

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What someone makes on a deal like that is nobodies business. Arlydoiche knows it too.....its just like asking what someone makes for a living. You can ask but you would look like an ass.

Thanks plumfag. Now that it's been confirmed by you I can move on.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the issue is that folks are curious, should they find themselves in the same situation, what to expect. If "ABC" got $$$ from USAA for their totaled Viper and "XYZ" got $$$ from USAA for their totaled Viper, that would be some good data to know beforehand. Obviously no two cases are the same, but from an informed consumer perspective, I'd like to have some historical data available beforehand vice trying to start from scratch at the time of an accident. Obviously USAA has access to EVERY payout they have made. The consumer, not so much. If we are to be able to fight for the value of our cars, we need to have ammunition beyond what JonB or some of the other 'go to' guys can provide. If we are simply settling for what we think is "fair" yet have no point of reference, your 'fair' settlement might be a "you gotta be kidding me" settlement for someone else.

OP
OP
C

cposk

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is why I shared the the settlement details and buy back price in the members section. It is not necessary to share what I then sold the totaled vehicle for.

I think the issue is that folks are curious, should they find themselves in the same situation, what to expect. If "ABC" got $$$ from USAA for their totaled Viper and "XYZ" got $$$ from USAA for their totaled Viper, that would be some good data to know beforehand. Obviously no two cases are the same, but from an informed consumer perspective, I'd like to have some historical data available beforehand vice trying to start from scratch at the time of an accident. Obviously USAA has access to EVERY payout they have made. The consumer, not so much. If we are to be able to fight for the value of our cars, we need to have ammunition beyond what JonB or some of the other 'go to' guys can provide. If we are simply settling for what we think is "fair" yet have no point of reference, your 'fair' settlement might be a "you gotta be kidding me" settlement for someone else.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is why I shared the the settlement details and buy back price in the members section. It is not necessary to share what I then sold the totaled vehicle for.

Exactly what I was saying, don't post the sale price. The rest of the information was already provided.

What you got it back for was a steal but the car was a double salvage so that plays a huge factor into it.

heliguy25

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly what I was saying, don't post the sale price. The rest of the information was already provided.

What you got it back for was a steal but the car was a double salvage so that plays a huge factor into it.
The car had a previous salvage title? So two wrecks?HAHA crazy didn't see that

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was a slam on the VCA. I let my membership expire a year or so ago..zero value added in having a VCA membership..unless you want to see salvage values of wrecked Vipers or have an avatar displayed I guess....

OP
OP
C

cposk

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well I had a revised title arrive in the mail along with the lien release letter from USAA. The revised title clearly said "Rebuilt Salvage" on the bottom. I brought both of these to the MVA, handed them to the lady behind the desk. She starts typing away, then says I'll be right back with your title. A minute latter, she hands me a CLEAN title. Not a salvage title, no salvage brand, nothing. I compared it to the titles of my other cars and it is no different. LOL, so now this car has been a total loss twice, and still has a clean title:rolaugh:. Crazy...

heliguy25

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I had a revised title arrive in the mail along with the lien release letter from USAA. The revised title clearly said "Rebuilt Salvage" on the bottom. I brought both of these to the MVA, handed them to the lady behind the desk. She starts typing away, then says I'll be right back with your title. A minute latter, she hands me a CLEAN title. Not a salvage title, no salvage brand, nothing. I compared it to the titles of my other cars and it is no different. LOL, so now this car has been a total loss twice, and still has a clean title:rolaugh:. Crazy...
I would imagine it will show up in a vin search. What was the original title branded for?I'm awaiting pics of it right meow

OP
OP
C

cposk

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would imagine it will show up in a vin search. What was the original title branded for?I'm awaiting pics of it right meow

It was supposed to be branded Rebuild Salvage. It was a total loss like 10 years ago. But when I bought it 6 months ago, the title was clean.

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Some states don't care after the car is older on branding it anymore. Some do. Here in MN they used to issue a clean title if the car was 6 years old and after a inspection. Now the brand everything.

heliguy25

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some states don't care after the car is older on branding it anymore. Some do. Here in MN they used to issue a clean title if the car was 6 years old and after a inspection. Now the brand everything.
I've never seen ones that didn't care about title status only exempt miles after 10 years. That car show up yet haha

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes the car arived the other night. I have not even looked at it yet. Will look at it tomorrow. Have a local guy comming out Saturday to look at it but don't know how serious he is :)

heliguy25

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes the car arived the other night. I have not even looked at it yet. Will look at it tomorrow. Have a local guy comming out Saturday to look at it but don't know how serious he is :)
Boo well I have cash and bored in my hotel for work. Snap some pics for me:)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang