ACR coilovers

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know anything about the coilovers on my car. Can I raise the car up from where it sits right now at stock height? Or can I only lower it from stock?

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Use the spanner wrench. Turning the lower spring perch Left (loosening) will lower the car and increase negative camber. Turning it right (tightening) will raise ride height and decrease camber. Toe-in will also change.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I don't know anything about the coilovers on my car. Can I raise the car up from where it sits right now at stock height? Or can I only lower it from stock?

MYear 2000 had a mid-year shock change. Early cars have Koni "rattlers" and later cars have DSIs.

But the ride-height procedure is the same.....you can raise or lower

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! Is there a Viper specific spanner wrench?

Your car came with a wrench in the drivers seat-back pocket....but they can be generic, I do know where one is.....

Did you KNOW you have seat-back pockets? DEEP POCKETS unlike me......

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you raise/lower the car, one thing to make sure of is to clean the threads off really good. Not only will that make it much easier to spin the adjustment nut, it will also keep you from galling the threads and having them seize up on you later on.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cleaning the threads for tightening/raising the car is difficult, but very much worth the effort. An old toothbrush and plenty of comrpessed air (use safety glasses!) are most helpful.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cleaning the threads for tightening/raising the car is difficult, but very much worth the effort. An old toothbrush and plenty of comrpessed air (use safety glasses!) are most helpful.

If raising the height, and if you have the blue and gold Dynamic Suspensions shocks, the first threads just above the spring seat are concealed by the seat; but, there is a gap where grit can accumulate between the threads and the seat's sleeve. You would have to spray some degreaser in there (possibly) and shoot compressed air in there to get any grit out. I just took mine off the car for rebuild, and found a lot of grit in that location. Another way would be to measure the present location of the spring seat, then lower it all the way and clean those threads once they are exposed, then raise it to where you want.

I guarantee that if you go to all that trouble, you won't find any grit to clean off on yours ! LOL !