ACR convertible option

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Newb racing question: Why all the blue tape? Paint protection? Then I dont get the back vertical stripe. Wouldnt a front mask do a better job and be easier to put on?
Claude

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I suspect that the aero with the top down would be horrendous - and possibly even dangerous and Dodge can't grab that kind of wind tunnel time again to play around with the wing / splitter / canards so that they cold be used top down and top up.

The American Club Racer is not designed to be a convertible.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ACR package is realistically just a nice collection of bolt-on bits to the regular Viper. :D
I cannot see anything but an improvement in the car's overall performance by adding more track focused suspension, grippier brakes/tires and adding the aero bits to the convertible. Dodge already has an aero package for the convertible Viper. If the big wing out back somehow negatively affected the car's handling balance (which I really doubt) then they could just use the milder convertible aero bits, but still offer the ACR package with the rest of the track focused componenets.

I'm sure that the aerodynamics and balance of the Ferrari F430 Scuderia was also changed when they made a convertible version of the car, but it's no doubt faster than the standard F430 cabrio, as would be the ACR Viper roadster. The only factory addition that I would make, would be to add a real rollbar to replace the cosmetic roll hoops on the convertible.

The ACR roadster would NOT be replacing the regular ACR Viper coupe, it would be adding to the Viper line-up and provide a top model convertible which would renew interest in the Viper, get it back in the eyes of the press, and ultimately compare favorably to many of the new high performance, two-seat convertibles out on the market today. :cool:

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For fun....I posted this idea over on the Grail Trail to see what Herb would say about it....

I think Snakester has the right idea about this!

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
when will nascar come out with the convertable series,maybe race down on the ocean front again:confused::crazy2:

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My guess is that Dodge would prefer the ACR Viper SRT10 to be running against racing convertible Ferraris rather than NASCAR anyways, so it's OK to pass on that idea. ;)

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how about the iroc series in dodge viper acr,would that be cool or what!:usa::headbang::2tu::D:):usa:

Kadeuces

Viper Owner
Reaction score
From those pics it looks like the front splitter is angled up and thus would create lift. It is just the pics?

You are correct.
It was angled a bit above 0 degrees. I have since had it adjusted back to 0 degrees.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper