ACR CRASH - photos and interesting discussion

EuG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess you know now what prompted me to make that "Active handling" post here...
;)

Tenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasty. If the guy was, in fact, going 170, there's a fair chance that active handling would not have bailed him out.

Vypr GT2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, that is one wrecked ACR- very sad to see. In the thread that follows the wrecked ACR, there is much talk about whether or not Vipers will ever have active handling, traction control, heads up display and whether Viper owners would want those things. Personally, I really like the heads up display in my c5 and wish my Viper had it...I consider it be a great safety feature...

Reaction score
do you guys REALLY think active handling would help you that much doing 170???? Oh yeah I forgot since corvettes have active handling they can deify gravity and NEVER hit trees.

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ouch...I wish I'd never looked now, that's one hurt ACR...sob, sob, pass me a huge box of tissues please... (glad the driver was physically OK, sure bet the driver was in bits emotionally)

Y2KACR

VCA Member
Reaction score
Always hurts to see a Viper injured. Glad the driver is okay. It is a testament to the construction of the Viper. Also, check out EuG's movies. Especially the one with the passenger audio. Thanks to EuG for sharing them with us.

EuG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Y2KACR
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Also, check out EuG's movies. Especially the one with the passenger audio. Thanks to EuG for sharing them with us.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My pleasure!
Enjoy! ;)

Jeff-00-ACR,
I already replied under different thread, that AH most likely was OFF….

Y2KACR

VCA Member
Reaction score
Jeff-00-ACR,
Holy S**t! How badly was that person injured? Also, any idea why they were so close on the course. Our local "P" club (only available autoX source for me) doesn't let anyone on or near the track when practices or timed runs are going on...

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Jeff,
Extremely scary video. As an avid Solo II/Autocrosser since 1981, I was shocked at the placement of workers on the course layout, but like asked prior, my concern was what happened to the worker?
You may not have the answer, but I hope any Safety Stewards in the SCCA see this and realize how important that job really is.

Jeff-00-ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Bill,

I don't recall where I found that, but I do remember someone saying it was at the Bowling Green plant put on by GM. The worker was supposed to be ok, but man I don't see how he didn't at least break a bone or two.

Jeff

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is my understanding that this did indeed take place at the plant in Bowling Green during one of the national invitationals. The course worker supposedly broke an arm and cracked a bone in his leg. What is interesting is that if you watch closely you will see he was SITTING IN A LAWN CHAIR and jumped up at the last second. Almost makes you wonder if he was a spectator rather than a worker. Either way, the placement was pure stupidity, as I can't imagine you would ever want anybody near the outside of the layout with the possible exception of a long straight. Scary stuff for sure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32