ACR fog light cover HELP!!

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know of where I can find replacement covers reasonably priced and is there anyone out there that makes a more durable fog light cover?? Local dealer wasn't helpful. Maybe it's out here in the West, but those covers are paper thin (much less durable then the Gen II's) and I've cracked both, rocks have created larges holes like these things are made out of paper. Those ACR-X guys must be buying them by the case. JonB, anyone??

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought some used fog lights, had a shop heavy tint them, added hids and they are diffifult to disguish from the black covers...here is a pic....just an option for you....

Attachments

• DSCN1684.jpg
    DSCN1684.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 50
OP
OP
redtanrt10

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Art, interesting idea! Tracked a bunch with the fogs and never broke one

Richard, took a quick look, maybe a good way to go. I have an old set off my '99, they are much stronger than Gen IV's

Bruce, THX, I'll send them a note, if you take your covers off, you'll see how thin they are!

Thanks to all Mike

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The Year Matters! True Fog Lite Covers are clear, and fit 92-98. And can be made to fit 99-02, except ACR.
Gen 2 ACR and Gen 4 ACR have fog-lite BLOCKERS, since these ACRs have no USA foglites. Those blockers in Gen 4 are fragile as eggshells ! Anything hits em they shatter.....

Anyone know of where I can find replacement covers reasonably priced and is there anyone out there that makes a more durable fog light cover?? Local dealer wasn't helpful. Maybe it's out here in the West, but those covers are paper thin (much less durable then the Gen II's) and I've cracked both, rocks have created larges holes like these things are made out of paper. Those ACR-X guys must be buying them by the case. JonB, anyone??

F

FrgMstr

I have a 1999 which has no plastic covers and a bad reputation for breaking. I bought a set of 40 mil clear Laminex film covers which I stuck on the glass and I have yet to crack one. They are at www.lamin-x-com .

Went the Lamin-X route as well, has done very well for me.

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Gen 2 ACR and mine where about 1/8" thick. I didn't like them so I added Gen 3 fog lights and hooked them up.

I actually just bought some 12" x 12" x 1/16" black plastic from Amazon for $3 each. I would just buy some plastic sheeting online and make them yourself. DEAD SIMPLE! ;)

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We made some from Alum sheet metal. Stamped it for the shape and painted it black:)

texas_venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A little paint protection film will prevent the covers from cracking. And you are only talking about $20 in material for them. Good investment...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave