ACR gets a tip!

QuickChickLeslie

Viper Owner
Reaction score
wanted to share my ACR experience with you today!

My nephew had an appointment at CU Boulder today to meet with the track coaches, so I said I would drive him there, so i decided to take the ACR. As I was getting on to campus I was looking around at the parking, and started thinking to myself, "crap where am I going to park?" So I found a spot, parked, got out, put my money in the meter, walked away. I started looking around and getting nervous with how many people were going to walk by the car, carrying backpacks, skate boards. I called my husband to prepare him, of where I was and where I parked! Anyway, meeting was going good, and then the coaches wanted to give us a tour,I told them I needed to go put money in the meter, and I would meet my nephew back at the car.
As I was walking back to the car, I saw a crowd by the car, and I thought oh no something happened, well something did happen, acts of kindness from a bunch of college kids that were kind enough to save the ACR from the campus police! The kids put money in the meter for the ACR, and sat around the car taking pictures. I thanked them all, sat around talking with them, and then I was talked into letting each one sit in the drivers seat! All in all, a bunch of good people on campus today!

Leslie

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I let every person that wants to sit in my car, sit in my car. I ask that they try not to kick the speakers or to drag their feet getting in and out but it's a privilege to let people have a seat.

Believe it or not I get way more requests to sit in my Hummer (a real one...) than the Vert or the ACR. I usually offer before people get to ask.

It's my hope that in some small way I've helped someone become a car person instead of a... let's say 'Prius' person.

BTW, when they get in and out I usually look away. Sometimes I just can't stand to watch. I know they're doing their best but....... So far no scratches or any harm whatsoever but I do worry.

Greg

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, in about 5-10 years, how many new Viper owners are going to goin the CO VCA?? :lmao:

Good job!:2tu: You made many kids smile!

Robert

compcoupe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I let every person that wants to sit in my car, sit in my car. I ask that they try not to kick the speakers or to drag their feet getting in and out but it's a privilege to let people have a seat.

Believe it or not I get way more requests to sit in my Hummer (a real one...) than the Vert or the ACR. I usually offer before people get to ask.

It's my hope that in some small way I've helped someone become a car person instead of a... let's say 'Prius' person.

BTW, when they get in and out I usually look away. Sometimes I just can't stand to watch. I know they're doing their best but....... So far no scratches or any harm whatsoever but I do worry.

Great attitude! I'm just like you, I think I get more of a rise out of their interest then they do, and like you I mention the door sills but always ask about key chains or anything sharp like rivets on pants that could scratch something. I'll never forget a young boy maybe 10 or 11 was going crazy over my comp coupe at an indoor auto show in Hartford in 2006. I walked over to him and asked him if he wanted to get a closer look and learn about the car a little bit. So after all the discussion about the fuel cell and the cage, slicks, carbon fiber etc. I asked him if he'd like to have a seat. By now their is a huge crowd and he looked at his Dad as if to say "can I" and he realized he was suddenly the center of attention of a very encouraging crowd. He very sheepishly got in the car with a grin the size of the rear wing and the flash bulbs started popping. I slid the quick release steering wheel on and locked in the safety net and listened to him make race car noises. His Dad was almost crying because someone did this for his son and told me he would never forget it. At the time I had no idea his son was very sick (not terminal) and how much this meant to him which almost had me whining. The next day they came back with a enlarged picture of the car for me to have and asked if I would sign another they had brought. Like this young boys probable first experience like this it was mine also to have someone basically ask me for my autograph which was very humbling. After some persuasion from him I did and he told me he was going to hang it in his room forever and now the Viper was his favorite car (replacing the Corvette). They waited around all day on Sunday to watch us pull out of the venue with are cars, of course not only was he thrilled to hear it but I made sure I lit them up for him (yes right on the cement floor in the Expo center). You never know who's life you might touch so the next time someone is asking about your car do what you'd want someone to do for your kid (or adult), because when it comes to cars we're all kids at heart. :2tu:

Reaction score
Great attitude! I'm just like you, I think I get more of a rise out of their interest then they do, and like you I mention the door sills but always ask about key chains or anything sharp like rivets on pants that could scratch something. I'll never forget a young boy maybe 10 or 11 was going crazy over my comp coupe at an indoor auto show in Hartford in 2006. I walked over to him and asked him if he wanted to get a closer look and learn about the car a little bit. So after all the discussion about the fuel cell and the cage, slicks, carbon fiber etc. I asked him if he'd like to have a seat. By now their is a huge crowd and he looked at his Dad as if to say "can I" and he realized he was suddenly the center of attention of a very encouraging crowd. He very sheepishly got in the car with a grin the size of the rear wing and the flash bulbs started popping. I slid the quick release steering wheel on and locked in the safety net and listened to him make race car noises. His Dad was almost crying because someone did this for his son and told me he would never forget it. At the time I had no idea his son was very sick (not terminal) and how much this meant to him which almost had me whining. The next day they came back with a enlarged picture of the car for me to have and asked if I would sign another they had brought. Like this young boys probable first experience like this it was mine also to have someone basically ask me for my autograph which was very humbling. After some persuasion from him I did and he told me he was going to hang it in his room forever and now the Viper was his favorite car (replacing the Corvette). They waited around all day on Sunday to watch us pull out of the venue with are cars, of course not only was he thrilled to hear it but I made sure I lit them up for him (yes right on the cement floor in the Expo center). You never know who's life you might touch so the next time someone is asking about your car do what you'd want someone to do for your kid (or adult), because when it comes to cars we're all kids at heart. :2tu:

Nice job, makes me feel proud to be an owner with VCA members like you.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome stories! One of my favorite Viper stories is from when me and a friend went to Destin, FL a few years ago. On our 1st night, we went to the mall. Its the strip mall type where you can drive thru the center and parallel park in front of the stores or park in the big parking lot out back. We lucked up and got a parking place outside a store. We decided to just walk around and babe hunt :D We walked out of 1 of the stores and noticed some kid and his mom looking at my car. No big deal. 15-20 mins later, we notice the same kid had dragged his mom back to the Viper. I figured he must be a real Viper fan, so I walk over and offer to pop the hood and let him sit in it. His mom takes a photo with their camera phone and then some other kid showed up with his parents, so he did the same thing. About 15 mins later, there was a line of atleast 10-15 people waiting just to sit in the car and have their photo taken! One kid asked me if the car was loud and I told him I'd crank it up for him. When I got in the car, you could hear the people in line saying "ohhhh he's gonna crank it up!" I cranked up and revved it. The noise bounced off the buildings and sounded incredible. The noise attracted more attention and the line grew even longer. I was opening and closing the door and being cameraman for people while my friend was handling the "what year? how fast?", etc. questions. It was such a wide variety of people who wanted a photo in it. Young kids, guys my age (20's), some hot girls ( :D ) and even some old people (you know, like 40..lol). I know at least one person went into one of the stores and bought a disposable camera just to have a Viper photo. Its really amazing how these cars can grab the attention of anyone, any age! There was a Maserati parked nearby and I never saw one person even give it a second look :lmao:

Slypopsracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Its really good to see other Viper owners being so patient. While Crusin the Coast a few weeks back in Biloxi, I stopped to get gas.I pulled up behind a car of 4 kids 18/23 age. The girl filling the car would Laugh and look at us. My g-friend said be careful she acting strangely. We in our 50s. It was Manson scary.. strange small town, weird behavior. Then she says,Can I take a picture standing beside your car.. I said NO, you can get in the car and then take your picture. Talk about a kid in a candy store?? She said this was the first Viper she had been this close to..(just social skills in Mississippi, are a bit different). After reading this thread maybe we all are more alike after all.

compcoupe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, great stories guys! I hope this thread keeps going for I know we all have lots of stories but always have one "special" story we won't forget. Look what you started Leslie...LOL!!! Kind words sells homes, thank you and sorry I don't know your name. Dan

Dave Moore

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Leslie,
We met at Viper Days in Mid Ohio this year. Congratulations on the ACR. Do you have pics posted anywhere? I bought a Comp Coupe recently. Hope to see you at a Viper days

Dave

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
***** can't live at this altitude.

Great story and I would have done the same. You might want to make sure a bag of *** didn't fall out between the seats though. It's the party school of the nation that CU Boulder. :)

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
:( guess I'm not a "car" guy b/c I own a PRIUS!! :lmao:
I commute 550 mi./wk. all year long and I love the fact that I spend about $20/wk. for fuel in my PRIUS!! :2tu:
I don't really care about fuel when I'm in the Viper or the old 72' musclecar that runs on Cam 2 race fuel. :headbang:
To each his own. :drive: :usa: