ACR GTS-R is it worth buying and reviving!!

Bouzobar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,

So, I gave up on buying the red 2013 viper, but the white showed up!!!

2017 ACR GTS-R, 2,000 miles. Is it worth buying and reviving?

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
B

Bouzobar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
More pics...

OP
OP
B

Bouzobar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, Was that a roll-over? I would say no unless you could get it dirt cheap and have mad skills.

not a rollover, the owner a friend went from 1st to 2nd gear car spun and hit the concrete. The car from the engine to back looks normal though.

Asking $57k!

DJ'sviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What would the viper replacement parts cost. How are you wanting to use it? Probably wouldn't track it. Good question on how are your skills? Is the frame bent? For what they cost it might be a good deal depending what your friend wants for it. Maybe not to much of a risk if you can sell it for viper parts.
I always have to watch it between 1st and 2nd.

littlecaars

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Got to do some hard thinking on this one. Keep in mind that this vehicle will never be worth what it was if it never got into an accident. It will always have a salvage certificate even if it’s put back to new condition. That number will be totally subjectionable.

TexasViper35

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just don’t understand why you want to buy a wrecked Viper and repair it, this is the 2nd one you’ve posted about. I could see “considering” one that had an accident but was properly repaired, there would be a huge discount in doing that, but I wouldn’t set about searching for one.

And the so called “repairs” that they do in your country are so bad and really scary! To rebuild that car I would ship it to a reputable dealer in the USA for the work. Who knows how much it would cost? $40,000US would not be out of line at all. If so that would put you in the car at over $110,000US for a rebuilt car with a history; the value of which should be discounted at least 30% from a comparable car that has no damage history.

It will be a fun day when you find the right car for you, maybe it’s this one. This one would be a lovely car once rebuilt properly, and it should be saved.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
If you have the skills, buying wrecked and repairing yourself can be way cheaper. When my engine spun the rod bearing I was quoted $12k+ to get it fixed. I did all the work myself, bought dealer level tools, and even upgraded some parts for probably $8k or less. If I did a 100% factory rebuild and didn't count the tool cost I would have probably been closer to $5k.

And while 30% is the salvage value that everyone always throws out, that really doesn't seem to hold in practice, especially with special low volume cars. I've seen plenty of cars with salvage titles that still sell well. Sure they aren't a premium, but it's almost never a full 30% discount for one. These kinds of cars get "totaled" relatively easily just due to the cost of low volume replacement parts, even if the damage isn't super extensive. A salvage title to me doesn't say as much as seeing what the actual damage looks like and how well it was rebuilt. Just kinda reminds me of a lot of the crazy high price auction cars that you see. A lot of those were complete rust buckets pulled out of junkyards with only historical value because of a VIN number. Nearly the entire car gets rebuilt during the "restoration", yet they still carry 6 digit price tags.

OP
OP
B

Bouzobar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update...
I passed it over to a friend of mine, who bought for the same reduced price offered to me ($49k).

Car is dismantled and I’m sourcing the frame and parts for him. You will be posted of the final outcome :fingersx:

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ma, look, I swear, I put the car cover on it, and when I woke up it looked like this!
I mean, maybe You need to look a little harder, because that car doesn’t “look normal from the engine back”
It’ll cost more than MSRP, in parts to repair it correctly.

Big Bad Dodge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get that the car is already gone to someone else, but for what its worth, my formula or logic, for lack of a better term, when deciding whether to buy a salvaged car is to ask myself what is the best version of the car I am looking for that is available to me? If the only 2017 ACR you can get is a wrecked one, then it makes sense to restore it. If there's at least one other that's not wrecked and available, then you go for that one. If you buy a salvaged car that is so rare and hard to find one not in salvaged condition, it will already have crazy stupid values. Think about a wrecked 1950s Gullwing Mercedes 350SL, or Ferrari 250 GTO from the early 60s, etc. Those will be worth millions, salvaged or original. True a salvaged one will still be worth less, but no one will look down on it as a result given its rarity. I see ACRs for sale on eBay, Craigslist, and FaceBook Market Place all the time.

On a separate but related note, if you ever buy a car like this, I agree that whomever does this kind of work to restore it should be a serious pro with experience. It also may help for value to have a documented commercial builder restore it when trying to explain the car's provenance, especially decades down the line.

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow someone paid 49k for that pile of bent up junk, that is amazing to me, had a shop for 40 years and the work that the car needs if done right will cost way more than the car is worth when it was new. Now if you really like the car and its just something you gotta have and you do not care what its worth when done,then I understand.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4