acr plus mod from dodge

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nor did anyone say it was :) But I was assuring folks that mine is typically dead on, as I too sifted through some of the BS that was associated with the ACRs and Vipers in general. I'd rather we all know the truth, then to propigate false information.

ACRs are simply the best gen 2's to have in my book. (But most certainly are not for everyone).

Thanks..

PS. Lets get a few of these ACRs out for our little drag even on the 27th !! I'm so looking forward to it. Looks like someone revived my thread on the topic too !! Yeahhhhh..

PPS. Trainer, I am more then happy to help you with launch techniques and some good stuff related to the Vipers when drag racing them :)

46hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Radio and AC delete..Just like it was supposed to be !

I have documented over 200 ACR's over the years..I would have thought I would have more but they dont show up all that often.

ACR's are just plain cool!!

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have documented over 200 ACR's over the years..I would have thought I would have more but they dont show up all that often.

When you say document, what do you mean?

01ACR/VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, I'll put it out there. Probably no one knows the ACR better then I do. There I said it. I also owned one from new to 60k miles before I sold it. I did almost every mod imaginable, and I have been in every since part of it, from suspension to engine, to differential to eletctical and beyond.

I too ORIGINALLY bought my Viper ACR thinking it had all those additiona parts. And was even told so by the Dealership (Like an ACR only header).. etc.

Reality is there was NO special ACR Oil Pan. Chances are they made that 2000 one and decided it was best to be used on all the cars, not just the ACR, so every car since 2000 got it, and ones before it did not. It is NOT an ACR pan. If yours is baffled any more then any oem one, its because someone addeda baffle kit.

Next, if your radio turns off at WOT or any other time without YOU turning it off through normal means, then you have an issue. No radio turn off at wot is supposed to occur on the ANY vipers.. including ACRs. (unless you have no radio, then its always off at wot ;-)

Next, the A/C system.. is POORLY designed. It most certainly does NOT turn off the clutch at wot. Wanna contest that? I'll put money where my mouth is. If you have a oem, fully functioning system, go take it to a dyno. Do a dyno run with the a/C OFF and then do it with the A/C ON and when you see the numbers, you will see the A/C one is DOWN on power. What everyone seems to be confused about is that our vent system in the A/C system is VACUUM controlled, so when you go WOT, guess how much vacuum you have? NOT MUCH.. so the vents go to normal Air position (or closed) and NO AC comes through, as soon as you let off the throttle, vacuum returns and the vent baffles go right to where they should so you can get A/C. Ever notice how the A/C is ice cold as soon as you let off???? Do you really think the A/C compressor got up to speed that quickly? Certainly it did not, its been runnign the whole time, your just finally getting the air that passed over it into the car once the vacumm returned.

Final proof.. There is a simple fix for this issue, you put a 1 way vacuum valve in line. Then when you go WOT, the A/C venting system STILL has a vacuum in it, and you still get ICE cold air, even when going wot !! That fix is well publicized on this forum.

All Vipers do fuel cut off (I believe its actually at 6200). Thats not an ACR specific thing.

The supposed increase in top speed comes from a couple of things, LIGHTER WEIGHT (ACRs do weigh less, especially since ACRs are the ONLY ones that can come with factory delete of radio, and AC, saving a decent amount of weight), and supposedly 10 more hp from the smooth tubes and K&N Filters. So I bet a fully optioned out ACR is NOT what they tested at 192 mph. It was the completely deleted accessories one. Which means it had more hp, and less weight then a stock Viper.

But most certainly it was marketing at its finest. I doubt even a stripped out ACR did 7 mph more then a regular GTS.

What other ACR questions you guys have ?

Jon

PS. This wasnt direct at Trainer Dave per say. So dont take it like I'm arguing with you. Just take it as me stomping out miss information !!

You hit that one on the nose perfectly.:2tu:

TrainerDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nor did anyone say it was :) But I was assuring folks that mine is typically dead on, as I too sifted through some of the BS that was associated with the ACRs and Vipers in general. I'd rather we all know the truth, then to propigate false information.

ACRs are simply the best gen 2's to have in my book. (But most certainly are not for everyone).

Thanks..

PS. Lets get a few of these ACRs out for our little drag even on the 27th !! I'm so looking forward to it. Looks like someone revived my thread on the topic too !! Yeahhhhh..

PPS. Trainer, I am more then happy to help you with launch techniques and some good stuff related to the Vipers when drag racing them :)
AWESOME!, when does your DVD come out;):lmao:

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a spreadsheet with VIN, color, mileage, state, salvage title, price for sale, along with any other info I found.

With only 800 or so built I guess 25% aint bad :2tu:

Interesting...I'd be curious to see if you have mine in your documentation. Based on the previous owner though, I doubt it. :)

46hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PM me the year and the last 6 digits of the vin I can let you know if I have anything on it..seems like, for whatever the reason, I have alot of bee's. If I dont have it I can add it on.

OP
OP
G

GMBRASCO

Viper Owner
Reaction score
quick question on the strips, i believe the stripes claim to be painted on. on my fe acr the strips are raised almost sticker like, it seems you could peel them off if you wanted to. could someone tell me if this is so with all factory stripes.
thanks.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is how all factory stripes are. Want to know why?

Because every Viper even thoughs with stripes, starts out life WITHOUT stripes. What they do is take perfectly completed NON strip cars, and then add the stripes to them, and then clear coat over them. Its how its always been done. Its completely normal, and yes, they certainly seem like they are vinal or painted on after the fact (because well they were).

Rest assured stock oem striped Vipers all have that raised stripe section from the factory.

Jon

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Got my ACR on your records? If not PM me and I will give you the updated info.

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Totalled my '02 graphite/siver ACR (w/out convenience options) @ VOI 9. Serial #835. Don't know if you had her in your registry.

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a spreadsheet with VIN, color, mileage, state, salvage title, price for sale, along with any other info I found.

With only 800 or so built I guess 25% aint bad :2tu:

I agree that the ACRs are the COOLEST, period. For the wheels and badging alone! hehe. Anyway did you ever get the VIN off my totaled black/silver 99 ACR? if not I can give it to you. I can also provide you with the VIN on my current 99 black/silver ACR.

Any way I can get the list of the the 99 ACRs PMed?

thebigsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hope i didnt buy a fake

You can't fake an ACR. Even if you don't know what you have, Dodge knows what you have. Any dealership can just check on the computer and get all the history and recalls and such. It's not like the old cars.