Acr Rims & Tires

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Iam thinking of selling my NEW(4 MILES) ACR rims and tires....I want to get HREs and Pilot Sports as I doubt I will see the track much....A few questions:
1)Will I be able to track the car with HREs.? I remember someone posting that said most tracks will not let you on with 2/3 piece wheels..:dunno:
2) Should I just put them on e-bay to get the best price for them,and whats a respectable price that I should expect.?
3) Can I expect to get more if I sell seperately(4 tires...4 Rims).?

..I will not be selling ASAP as I have to get a price on the HREs and tires I might buy.....On that note what does everyone think I should get as far as tires.?? Should I just go with the Pilot Sports or something else.....? Thanks for any input. Kevin

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Keep the ACR rims if you are going to track the car, and use the HREs and tires for the street.............................no use to get rid of them , just to find you need them later. Plus, since you just might get a crazy feeling in your bones and possibly want to sell this beast in the somewhat near future, most folks will want all the original stuff with the car.

Frankly, most guys would likely give you less with the HREs, especially if they want to track da masheen.:headbang:

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
For wheels, the choice is up to you. I'd stick with OE sizes for the street. JonB is selling the new OE six spokes for crazy low prices in polished. You could have them coated black or ? and still be less than 1/2 the price of HRE's or other aftermarket wheels.

FYI, on the track most wheels are forged 3 piece or forged 1 piece. HRE makes track wheels but most of our guys seem to prefer the look of the deep dish, blingy non-track HRE wheels. Don't try to track these.

For tires, hard to beat PS2's on the street.

If I were you, I'd keep the stockers and get another set as Bill says.

Dan

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We do accept trades and would give you a very good price on your ACR wheels and tires toward HRE's or anything else we carry.

But Dan is correct. We have some stupid-cheap prices right now.....

[email protected]

tnx

JohnnyLightning

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We do accept trades and would give you a very good price on your ACR wheels and tires toward HRE's or anything else we carry.

But Dan is correct. We have some stupid-cheap prices right now.....

[email protected]

tnx

How stupid is stupid. I have bought Belanger Headers & Random tech exhaust from you for my 96 GTS and was delivered perfectly. I will take a used set but wander if you have the black SSR still in stock :2tu:

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would keep your nice light weight wheels and get PS2s from PartsRack. You may not get much on ebay and HREs are pricey.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why even put new wheels on when you're just going to be selling the car? And 4 miles? Seriously? Wow. So do you buy these Vipers to just look at?

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would love to have a few too look at . But I don't have the will power to let them sit . Would be out driving them :2tu:

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I remember correctly our local VCA president recently sold his ACR wheels/tires for $5500 with about the same number of miles (no worries Austin, he has been driving it ever since ;)). His car is truly a one-of-a-kind with all kinds of custom paintwork so the lack of the original wheels if/when he ever sells it is no big deal. Otherwise I think it is always better to keep as many of your take-off parts as possible in the event you ever sell it. When we sold our first GTS it included every last original piece that we upgraded - including the original factory oil filter wrapped and boxed.

Okay, so that last part was a little crazy but it impressed the buyer enough to increase the price a tad or two...

OP
OP
ASPIRATIONS

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would keep your nice light weight wheels and get PS2s from PartsRack. You may not get much on ebay and HREs are pricey.

I would like to keep them but I cant swing it($$$$ wise).I want to put in as little as possible to get the HRE/Wheel combo .Iam not a fan of all black wheels and the HREs are not too heavy..

Why even put new wheels on when you're just going to be selling the car? And 4 miles? Seriously? Wow. So do you buy these Vipers to just look at?

Austin,I still have snow here and the roads are full of crap..We are expecting snow tomorrow too.:( Plus Iam getting the car ready for you to buy.:D I would love to sell it and get my Lambo but Iam not going to take a huge loss again so Iam just planning what I MIGHT do. By the way I do love to look at it...The ACR..:rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh:

if kevin want`s to look at his car, good for him. it`s HIS car.

Thanks Chelseasnake:D

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to keep them but I cant swing it($$$$ wise).I want to put in as little as possible to get the HRE/Wheel combo .Iam not a fan of all black wheels and the HREs are not too heavy..

Austin,I still have snow here and the roads are full of crap..We are expecting snow tomorrow too.:( Plus Iam getting the car ready for you to buy.:D I would love to sell it and get my Lambo but Iam not going to take a huge loss again so Iam just planning what I MIGHT do. By the way I do love to look at it...The ACR..:rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh:

Thanks Chelseasnake:D

I guess I figured you had weather to be driving it all this time. Snow? Whats that? lol... I hope you can get the Lambo if thats what you really want, but damn you go through cars fast! Oh, and I wish I could buy it. The Graphite is a good color.

OP
OP
ASPIRATIONS

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Austin,
I wont be driving until at least May....Graphite is a beautiful color!!! Much different than SSG but I have to say I like it just as much if not more....I do REALLY want the Lambo and the one I want is up for sale again....Someone would be getting a good deal on my car at 95K but I have not had any real bites..I do have to stop the Viper merry -go-round though,lol...I know I CANT do that with Lambos..:omg: Kevin

fastmd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sell just the tires and keeps the rims. It will offset the hres a little. The rims will be harder to find in the future. I have four sets for both my vipers.

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As often as you like to sell cars, I'd keep the ACR factories to put them back on when you wanna sell it in 2 weeks. :)

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HRE says it is making its Monobloc wheels in 18s in a few weeks. This should will permit OEM sizes and OEM PS2 tires.

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Austin,
I wont be driving until at least May....Graphite is a beautiful color!!! Much different than SSG but I have to say I like it just as much if not more....I do REALLY want the Lambo and the one I want is up for sale again....Someone would be getting a good deal on my car at 95K but I have not had any real bites..I do have to stop the Viper merry -go-round though,lol...I know I CANT do that with Lambos..:omg: Kevin

Its an addiction , an I'm an addict . Admiting your addiction is the first step to recovery isn't it ? I have lost so much money in the last 6 or 7 years on replacing cars that I have only had for a few years that it makes me sick to my stomach. But I can't help it I see something new and its all I can think about . Viper venom is a powerful drug . Don't really want an antidote to tell you the truth. Just wish I had more money , so I could eat and have a nice car :rolaugh: