ACR Street Rebound and Compression Setting

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to adjust my suspension for street use and wanted some feedback before I tried to reinvent the wheel thru trial and error. I am currently running the stock alignment and rebound / compression settings. I did adjust the rebound and compression settings for track use once per the manual and liked the car control better at those settings (only drove it like this at the track). Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks-

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Got to full soft for the street, then work up from there.

ACR on Cups and OE shocks will be bouncy on lousy roads no matter what you do.

OP
OP
H

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, I am at full soft right now, looks like I will just need to do some experimenting myself unless anyone else has already played around with it and can give me some pointers. But I will wait until it cools down a bit here.... :D

Black Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone tried Moton Clubsports on an ACR? Would the downforce be a problem?

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone tried Moton Clubsports on an ACR? Would the downforce be a problem?

I'm running the Clubsports with 800# Hypercoil springs and no issue yet but I have gone only up to 140's MPH. I even tried leaving the rear wing at its steepest angle but I didn't notice any bottoming out or front-to-rear balance issue (130+ MPH). I now use back the #2 position (factory default) on road courses but go steepest in autox. Would like to see if anyone have gone beyond 170 with the CS also.

BTW, Moton CS plus 800# rear springs plus Kumho V700 tires plus Cobra Racing Seat took out ALL the bounciness feeling of the car, the ride is now very acceptable, even on bumpy roads.

Last edited:

Black Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm running the Clubsports with 800# Hypercoil springs and no issue yet but I have gone only up to 140's MPH. I even tried leaving the rear wing at its steepest angle but I didn't notice any bottoming out or front-to-rear balance issue (130+ MPH). I now use back the #2 position (factory default) on road courses but go steepest in autox. Would like to see if anyone have gone beyond 170 with the CS also.

BTW, Moton CS plus 800# rear springs plus Kumho V700 tires plus Cobra Racing Seat took out ALL the bounciness feeling of the car, the ride is now very acceptable, even on bumpy roads.

Good info, thanks!

Reaction score
The spring rates need to be kept the same or at least proportionate when switching to the Motons. The rates are there to counter act the down force as is the rake in the chassis. Even if the rates are the exact same when you switch to the Clubsports the ride will be much improved because of the more efficient shock construction.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte