ACR TRACK PICS!

David Pintaric

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dave, looks good but I'm curious why you haven't gone with a Gen IV hood? Wouldn't you be within the rules and get a little better downforce up front?

ACR track car poser? Ha, no such thing! Put whatever graphics you want on it! Its your dream car

That was a picture from a month ago. A Gen 4 hood is on the car now, as well as the ACR cannards.

Dream car? Other than a GT1, you bet. This is such a neat car to drive. We are finally getting the handling down pat. I used a set of Hoosier A compound tires for three races (two at The Glen and one at Beaverun) for all sessions (2 quals and races) and the tires are very worn, but evenly so.

Thanks for the "poser" pass. After posting I felt kind of stupid and considered deleting the picture.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats what I meant by bumble bee stripe not stripes:) I should have called it the drivers stripe doh. I think it just might look great. Did a cheap PS of the idea.
You must be registered for see images attach

Boxer12 phenominal time. Thats even faster than the Mossler MT900 they tested same day with slicks. It did a 2:45 though Im sure it too would go faster given time etc. ACR's are just sick especially considering they are streetcars. How does the 2:05 stack up to the full on race car times?

BlknBlu gorgeous.

The ACR-X's, turning faster lap times than the comp coupes, were in the 1:56 range:

Virginia International Raceway | Alton, VA

That's freaky fast!

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was a picture from a month ago. A Gen 4 hood is on the car now, as well as the ACR cannards.

Dream car? Other than a GT1, you bet. This is such a neat car to drive. We are finally getting the handling down pat. I used a set of Hoosier A compound tires for three races (two at The Glen and one at Beaverun) for all sessions (2 quals and races) and the tires are very worn, but evenly so.

Thanks for the "poser" pass. After posting I felt kind of stupid and considered deleting the picture.

David,
I think the "poser pass" was for me, since I stated that my ACR won't see too much track time. You're absolutely not a poser...you're out there doin' the do!

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
spring_mountain_3.jpg

I'd like to see more pics of the Gen 4 ACR with polished wheels. The black stockers are the only thing that I don't like about the new ACRs.:headbang:

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to see more pics of the Gen 4 ACR with polished wheels. The black stockers are the only thing that I don't like about the new ACRs.:headbang:

One day at the track would change your mind about that..... LOL! :D

(massive brake dust and rubber are all over them making even cleanup of the black wheels fun, I can't imagine how much more fun polished ones would be)....

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good grief. X's are UNREAL. Anyway to get a full street ACR within 3 secs of an ACR-X beast? Probably a pipe dream.

:ponder:A CC with the X's engine in it.:omg:

I would imagine if you did the Bad Boyzz headers, Corsa exhaust, MOPAR ECU and whatever tire they were running (Hoosier A6's?), you'd get close.....of course then it would effectively be an X with an interior (minus the extra canards.)

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would imagine if you did the Bad Boyzz headers, Corsa exhaust, MOPAR ECU and whatever tire they were running (Hoosier A6's?), you'd get close.....of course then it would effectively be an X with an interior (minus the extra canards.)

Sweet. This is one of the reasons I love the ACR's to death. Full street with 90% of all out race car badazzness but with full streetability or the X if its just dedicated track rat. Not much out there can mess with this duo.

OP
OP
B

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The X runs Michelin radials, which are said to be good for at least 3 seconds on a VIR length track. They also have better suspension, extra canards up front, better front splitter anchors and ventilation, brake vent kits, 2010 gearbox, cage and less weight. For an ACR to compete with the X, it needs all of the above. And bring a crew to set up and tweak the suspension and alignment to bust into the :50s. Just my 2c.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The X runs Michelin radials, which are said to be good for at least 3 seconds on a VIR length track. They also have better suspension, extra canards up front, better front splitter anchors and ventilation, brake vent kits, 2010 gearbox, cage and less weight. For an ACR to compete with the X, it needs all of the above. And bring a crew to set up and tweak the suspension and alignment to bust into the :50s. Just my 2c.

Alrighty then....I've been educated. :headbang:

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I see. So if one was to install the X's canards up front, splitter anchors, vent, brake vent, suspension etc into a 2010 ACR that has the better gearbox, would it be within 3 secs of the X on a long track like VIR? Im fully aware it wont be equal to the X as its heavier but being 3 secs off the X would be ridiculous for a streetcar.

I do remember the spread on Laguna between the two was around 3 secs. I expect it to be longer interval on a long track like VIR right? So if a full street 2010 ACR with above mods can be around 3 secs off an X on a track like VIR it would be astounding imho if I have things right in my head.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Here's one with the silver sidewinders at an autocross event, the picture you posted had 18" forgelines that I use on the track

car_control_2.jpg

Last edited:

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You forgot the wing is slightly different and has ventilated end plates ;)

DRBSRT

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I thought I was the only one that didn't care for the black sidewinders. Actually, I think they look good on the darker color ACR's (black, graphite, etc), but not on the lighter colors (especially red). Nice to know I'm not the only one.