ACR WHEELS.... HOW DO YOU CLEAN THESE THINGS?????

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, the ACR wheels are the most visually appealing wheels available on the Viper, IMO... but dang, these things take an hour or more to clean! Is there an easier way??? Thanks

PhilC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know but it is definitely my least favorite thing about owning a Viper and I found out the hard way that if you dont do it religiously, the wheels will be ruined

Warren S

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had BBS wheels on a different car and used a formula called P21S. Just spray on the green gel (on cold rims!) and hose the brake dust away.

SERPENT INDIANA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definately the low point of Viper ownership.....cleaning the wheels....I use the above techniques and just lots of spare time....some say a few coats of Zaino makes the dust fall off with a car duster....I just don't look forward to waxing these things ...

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
P21S is too expensive and doesn't work nearly as well as Simple Green.

I use a pressure sprayer (typically used for insecticides). I fill it to 2/3 with undiluted Simple Green, pump it up and have enough pressure to spray all four wheels without having to re-pressurize. Let the Simple Green sit for about 30 seconds and rinse.

The BBS wheels used to be the toughest part of the job - not any more!

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
eagle one a-z wheel cleaner. spray on wait 2-3 minutes rinse off with high pressure water spray. then scrub with car wash soap and water using a wheel cleaner brush. rinse off. works like a charm every time for me.

OP
OP
J

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great suggestion! I will try that!
smile.gif

Now that we're on the subject of cleaning our beasts, what is the best method to clean the exterior? Any particular products/sponges/towels? Any input from anyone on this?

Alternative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After using the car 4-7 times (short trips), I use a piece of cloth (preferably an old towel), diswashing soap, and water. And I use a dab of WD40 to get rid of stubborn dirt/grime if necessary.
Funny thing is, I tend to clean the wheels more often than the exterior/interior, because they get dirtier than the car after a few trips.
Maybe it's time for some EBC's...

Tommy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SERPENT INDIANA:
Definately the low point of Viper ownership.....cleaning the wheels....
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I disagree. I enjoy cleaning mine, and consider it a labor of love.

46hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wax (Zaino) the wheels real good then when I get home I get the air compressor going and blast the dust away with the air nozzle. As long as you have a good coat of polish on them the dust flies right off. I guess its a right of passage for the ACR owners.

Tom Shapiro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Simple Green has a new product called Automotive Pro Series. I've used it under the hood, fender wells, wheels, and chassis. Seems a bit stronger than the regular Simple Green. Works great. Runs about $4.00 a quart. Our local Farm & Fleet has a 5 gallon plastic jug for $29.95. www.simplegreen.com click on consumer products, then automotive.

Drmcar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The trouble with Simple Green is that it is acidic and doesn't have the rust protection of some of the other products which are bases.

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are all of you guys kidding me? Are these cars destined for Concours or the race course?! The only way to clean these wheels is with MORE track time or a trip through the local car wash at 180 mph!
laugh.gif
Now get out on the track where these cars belong.

Cheers,

Jay K.