ACRX package - History repeats itself

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a cool old article that was scanned, winding the clock back to 1968.

Chrysler offered an unfinished, primered drag car as a Dodge Dart or Plymouth Barracuda with a 426 Hemi, either an auto or a 4 speed, 8 3/4" or Dana60 rearend for the latter transmission.

Lightweight stuff, such as radio delete, no window regulators (just pull up straps), fibreglass fenders and hood w/a large cold air intake scoop and no hood hinges (lift off w/ hood pins), thin side door glass, side mirror delete, delete all insulation and sealers, light weight seats from a van, heater delete, rear seat delete, large battery moved to the trunk, headers, painted steel wheels that are intended to be replaced, etc..

Thought you may enjoy it..
Mike

You must be registered for see images

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The current Challnger also has a Drag Pack option that is very similar to the Dart/Cuda SS cars from 1968. You article is awesome.

Bruce

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My dad used to run a Dodge dealer way back. I remember him selling a Dodge Dart kit car that was for short track oval racing. It came as a kit and the buyer had to assemble it. It was somewhere around 1970. A local grocery store chain bought it and raced it at local tracks. I think it sold for about $10K back then.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4