Adj. Pedal Switch - Trim Plate

Oilman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello

The trim plate that holds the adjustable pedal switch on my 04 Viper has been broken. Went to the dealer and he tells me its $1,020.00 to replace it. He says he has to order the full trim panel for under the steering column. Does anyone have any idea if this can be purchased separately? A $1,020.00 seems like a lot to replace a 2" x 4" piece of plastic. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You have got to be kidding!? I guess you wouldn't kid about something like that. Could you take a pic of the piece and forward it to my email.....maybe it can be repaired with some fiberglass......I've gotten pretty good at it if you want me to just take a look and see if it's possible. How in the world did it get broken? My email address is: [email protected]

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the same thing has happened on my car twice. The first time the car was about a year old they replaced the bolster panel to get the switch surround. The switch is a Jeep part very cheap. The surround is part of the bolster. It actually comes seperately in the package with the knee bolster . It does not have a part number though. The surround for the switch which has two hollow studs that accept the mounting screws from the switch are very thin walled. the self tapping fasteners that hold the switch to the surround split the side out of the hollow studs and after repeated use of the pedal adjust switch, the surround studs break and the surround falls to the floor and the switch disappears into the under side of the dash

I have seen this on at least two dozen gen 3 cars. I have also spent hours in my friendly Dodge parts managers office going through the parts illustrations trying to find a surround that matches what is on the car. No Luck........

Jon B at Parts Rack was able to work a miracle and locate a cracked but intact one for me. I modified it, said a prayer and it is holding together.

It bugs me though to think about this gob job below my legs. It looks fine from the outside and crap on the back side.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
take a look at xvipers.com. Mike has tons of used parts are awesome prices.

OP
OP
O

Oilman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the input guys, and the offer to help repair the part. That is very much appreciated. I just received an e-mail from xvipers and they have exactly what I need. I run a machine shop in Calgary and I was almost to the point of having one machined out of stainless or something like that then have it anodized black. For that kind of money I could build a lot of them. Thanks again for your help, you guys are great. Hopefully at some point in time I can repay you guys to help get you out of a jam. Take care and be safe.

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big Brake Dave:drive: is working on this item:omg: It will be made from billet :2tu: Stay tuned for progress.

Check out my other parts for the SRT-10's:usa:
All my cnc'd parts are made by a Multi Viper owner, his latest an 08 Venom Red w/ Silver Stripes Cpe.

Dave's Big Brakes
858-382-4713 cell

Big Brake Dave:drive:

V

Venomiss

Thanks for all of the input guys, and the offer to help repair the part. That is very much appreciated. I just received an e-mail from xvipers and they have exactly what I need. I run a machine shop in Calgary and I was almost to the point of having one machined out of stainless or something like that then have it anodized black. For that kind of money I could build a lot of them. Thanks again for your help, you guys are great. Hopefully at some point in time I can repay you guys to help get you out of a jam. Take care and be safe.

Join the VCA! This is happening in your backyard very soon in case you missed it.
Lot's of pictures from last years cruise to Jasper.
http://forums.viperclub.org/canada-western/611848-asps-jasper-ii.html

Since you are not a VCA member you probably missed this.

You must be registered for see images

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you referring to the switch trim piece or the entire bolster? If it is just the switch trim piece how much are they....

thanks

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
03-08 Vipers

Electric pedal switch bezel now completed:omg: Made from billet & black hard anodized .
This stuff takes time, NO more broken cheap plastic bezels:mad:

My ad will be up under new products shortly. Pricing will be under my ad in new products and supplier specials shortly.

No more buying the whole needpad for over $1000:crazy2:

Big Brake Dave
Dave's Big Brakes
[email protected]
858-382-4713 cell

Preview:D
You must be registered for see images attach

Note broken area around the mounting screws

See crack around the up rights for the srews

New billet bezel with switch installed