Adjustable seat lowering. Drivers side only? Does it look goofy...

JKVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have only the drivers side lowering kit installed since I'm 6'2". Since my wife is 5'4" no need for a lower seat on the passenger side.

It doesn't look goofy. Plus, most cars have twin power seats and the seats are always in different positions.

OP
OP
B

Bravo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bugeater have you done the lowering?
Seriously, I'm curious if when doing one only, is it ugly and obvious that one seat is so deep and different so as to look odd.
If I wanted sarcasm, I know of another site.
Thanks for the help.

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bugeater have you done the lowering?
Seriously, I'm curious if when doing one only, is it ugly and obvious that one seat is so deep and different so as to look odd.
If I wanted sarcasm, I know of another site.
Thanks for the help.

I know I had the exact same question and just hadn't posted it yet, so I appreciate the post. :2tu:

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have it set up that way in my SRT/10. I thought the same thing but so far know one has noticed except a 12 year old girl. I feel, if you had one seat pulled forward and tilted back, it would have the same look anyhow.

I lowered both though on my GTS for that reason.

MAVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just put in the 2" kit on my gts the other day, it was very easy and there is no way someone will notice unless you tell them.
Huge difference on the comfort side of things in my opinion! im 6.2" btw.

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I pondered the same thing and ended up calling JonB for answers. He said there's no way you could tell the difference of a 1" drop in one of the seats and not the other. He also strongly suggested the 1" drop to retain the ability to move seat ahead/back.

He was exactly right! I installed the 1" kit on drivers side only and you would never know it, and as most Viper owners I too am very anal. Not only does this save me $280 by not doing the passenger seat, but the 1" drop was plenty. MUCH more comfortable.

I also took Jon's advice and removed my drivers side visor. I never use it and it really improves my field of view out of the drivers seat. If my wife never drove the car, I probably would have gone with the 2" drop since 1: It's cheaper, and 2: it would have given me the most leg room possible.