After Market Emblems Sticking?

Red Devil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone else had any trouble with the After market Viper Emblems not sticking to the car? THe fenders are not a problem but the slight curve in the rear bumper is making the emblems come loose at the top.The car was prepaired very well no wax oil etc. IM thinking the Emblems are a little short on the proper glue. These things are not all that cheap so I want them to work.
Just wanted to know if there was anyone else who had the same problem. Maybe I got a bad set or something.

OP
OP
R

Red Devil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got mine from Viper Store.I looked at both and they look like they may get them from same source.I hope maybe I got a bad set or something. Its the Viper GTS bumper emblems that are trying to let go. I know I had it clean so that is not the problem.I also put them in the same spot the oem ones came off.I wrote the Viper Store and told them what was going on and they are going to get back to me. Will see what they do for me. Thanks for your response.

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Where did you get them from? I got mine from R&J Distributing and they have been fine.

+1

I had them on my old RT and they never came close to coming off. If you were too rough with a microfiber around the edged they'd catch but they never peeled in the 2+ years I had them on.

OP
OP
R

Red Devil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another thing I noticed about the Emblems was they had bubbles in them. Do all these type emblems have the bubbles?? Its like the gel they used had air bubbles in it and it was molded into the emblem.I have the 3d chrome emblems. Again I have notified the Viper Store and they have not responed back in the las couple days. I will give them a couple more days. Before I give My opinion on their product.

Last edited:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got mine from Viper Store.I looked at both and they look like they may get them from same source.I hope maybe I got a bad set or something. Its the Viper GTS bumper emblems that are trying to let go. I know I had it clean so that is not the problem.I also put them in the same spot the oem ones came off.I wrote the Viper Store and told them what was going on and they are going to get back to me. Will see what they do for me. Thanks for your response.

Viper store buys them from R&J, then upcharges the customer for them. :mad:

Get the real stuff, Chuck Tator. 914-763-3136

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stick them on with 3M super weatherstrip adhesive. Comes in black and yellow.Color doesn't matter unless you use way too much and are sloppy. Other brands say super weatherstrip adhesive but are lousy in comparison. Get the 3M product. GTS Bruce

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32