After market throttle body

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had both the X-Metal and the BBK. Currently using the BBK. Never did a dyno before and after but, both seemed to work fine. X-Metal has some posts here you may want to read. BBK finally has there's fixed. If your interested in an X-metal I have one for sale for a couple hundred.

MarcRoth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stock ap no gains dont waste your money, But if you have head work and cam change with headers then " yes' about 10 to 16 hp change. I picked up 11 hp at the wheels with brand X.

MarcRoth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
fqberful........... What was the problem you had, I did a install for a customer with no complaints just a good responce from her.

fqberful

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MarcRoth : I did one for my SRT10 RAM and one for the GenIII Viper. The blade isn't taper cut, both had rough edge cuts on the blade. I got the truck one to work okay but the Viper never did work fine and it had an ability to stick once it got hot. I did the paper alignment on both and that was fine.

The newest gen BBK is fine on the Viper and the FastMan is stellar in terms of throttle response and WOT and costs like 1/2 of the others. Dan's work is second to none and he backs it up. I have one of his TB's on my SRT8 6spd Challenger as well and it's absolutely awesome.

Plus the single blade stuff gets kind of squirrley with deflection especially under boost. Neither of my apps are boosted.

--FQB

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like others stated, I did not dyno before or after and did not notice any change, although if there would be a small increase, I would not recognize it anyway. I installed the Sean Roe single plate and had zero problems. Idled normally and acceleration was good as well.
Worth the money? Just having a Sean Roe name on the part looks cool.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Probably not worth the effort as many have reported minor issues with all of the aftermarket TB's. I have the X-Metal on my Viper which looks great and seemed to add just a bit to my "butt dyno".

Biggest issue seemed to be idle hang - at times, when taking your foot off the gas, the engine would hang at about 1200 rpms for a few seconds before dropping back to normal. I did have a minor issue with the blade sticking when I first installed it. It did not stick on the bench, but after heating up, it was sticking just a bit. I fixed this by unbolting it when it was hot and then retightening in a different sequence.

My biggest complaint is that at times - I get low speed bucking. I'd love any recommendations to help correct this.

fqberful

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did a before and after with the x-metal and actually the results were indeterminate ... I did see a few HP gains with the BBK and FastMan. But again within the delta you normally see between runs.

What I did see was differences in throttle response and the BBK and FastMan were way better in that respect and I didn't have to disassemble my current one to use those. Also I didn't have sticking issues and quality issues like the x-metal. So for the $$$ the FastMan wins and given the choice again that's how I'd go.

I have 2 x-metals for sale, one fits and SRT10 RAM and the other an 06 Viper. The Viper one sticks when it gets hot. Use at your own risk. $150 each.

--FQB

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth