Agreed Value Insurance

V10TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those of you with agreed value insurance on modify vipers, who do you use?
Thanks!
JC

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need to give Hagerty a call.
Will they insure my GTS with the TT on it?

My current insurance politely told me "not to mention" power mods. But wheels, stereo, etc can up the value they cover.

2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Their website is http://www.hagerty.com/ .

Casey, yes they do accept mods. My 911 Turbo had upgrades, they didn't have a problem with it. Because te policy is a stated value policy you just figuar them into the value of the car. Also, when going thru the claims process, I learned they only cover items that are bolted down to the car.

When I have some time I'll post what happened with the claim. I'll also explain how I ended up getting $68,000 for the car.

Bill

kARLUG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did this with Allstate. They asked for a certified appraisal. Cost about 50.00 for the appraisal. They also asked me to take detailed pictures of the car. The car appraised at 55,000 with a lot of mods but not bad for a 93.
I wish the true market value of the car was 55,000!!!

2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did this with Allstate. They asked for a certified appraisal. Cost about 50.00 for the appraisal. They also asked me to take detailed pictures of the car. The car appraised at 55,000 with a lot of mods but not bad for a 93.
I wish the true market value of the car was 55,000!!!

I also did that with Allstate before I stated using Hagerty. However, when I recieved the policy there was no mention of that value in it. In fact, it was written exectly the same as the other policys. Maybe it's just me, but I need it to be in writing.

The Hagerty policy has the it clearly stated in the policy the amount they will pay.

Bill

OP
OP
V

V10TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill, when you get a chance, e-mail me your story.
I filled out the on-line application but have to send the Check. It is more expensive than American Hobbyst, but if it went smooth for you , then it is worth the x-tra cash just in case.
E-mail me at [email protected] when you can.
Thanks!
JC

Dv8tor

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just did a quote and it quoted $800 less then what I'm paying with State farm per year. Hmmm... I might have to look into switching. (update) I take that back. My second car is in my wife's name, so I don't qualify :mad:

Bandit400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Casey,

They will insure the TT. You need to get an appraisal to reflect the additional investment you put into the car. They allowed me to insure the car very close to what I wanted. Let me know if you need any details.

Bandit400