air bag recall

jjrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
uh…. got a '14 TA orange…received a recall re: airbag… anyone else dealing with this ?
what does the dealer do ? put a new less explosive air bag ? for driver and passenger ?
i'm in so. calif…. LA/OC/IE…which dealer do you recommend ? i don't want to just goto any dealer ….but have NO experience with ANY dealers in So.calif…
help,

james R
#66 T/A

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ouch, now where are those pesky posts about GM recalls? I would ask someone with the Calif. Viper club or they may respond here. Im sure one of them can lead you to a good dealer tech they use for the warranty work.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Read the notice. It says the part needed to remedy the recall doesn't exist. Drive with sunglasses on and say your prayers.

OP
OP
J

jjrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well, apparently the part is available, as many have done their recall…. it's not an air bag but the seat position sensor….
been told that they have to remove both seats…. if they are not careful, they can rip or scratch your car during the process….
i'm hoping to find a dealer in so.cal. that can do this correctly… i haven't gotten the followup note that the part is available either but…

james R
'14 TA #66

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You bring it in. They do some testing to see if you even have the problem. Not all cars have the problem. If you have the problem, they fix it. No big deal and there have been airbag releated recalls for many types of cars recently.

zim32

Viper Owner
Reaction score
uh…. got a '14 TA orange…received a recall re: airbag… anyone else dealing with this ?
what does the dealer do ? put a new less explosive air bag ? for driver and passenger ?
i'm in so. calif…. LA/OC/IE…which dealer do you recommend ? i don't want to just goto any dealer ….but have NO experience with ANY dealers in So.calif…
help,

james R
#66 T/A

Brought my TA to Scott Robinson Dodge in Torrance....John was the tech and seemed very responsible and knowledgeable.
He performed the outstanding updates and told me I need the airbag update....part not in stock but available...he ordered it and said it should be there in a day or two.....waiting for it to arrive and will bring it back.

Mark

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most people wouldn't trust the average dodge dealer to put air in their tires.

Dave1968

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. There is no way I want some yahoo taking my seats out. I have mine all the way back anyway so I shouldn't have to worry. They need the sensor accurate because it measures how far away the seat, and effectively you, are away from the airbag so the correct inflation pressure and volume can be calculated. That way, in a crash, if you are closer than the sensor calculates, you won't get an overinflated bag resulting in injury.