ALERT !! Aftermarket Exhaust Banning in Massachusetts!!

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a HEADS UP for everyone to watch their state gooberments
and how they want to take your automotive freedoms away!

While reading a local car clubs newsletter I see where the state of Massachusetts has HB1882 which is pending legislation. It seems the great state of Massachusetts wishes to BAN all aftermarket exhaust systems.

Massachusetts
A bill (H.D. 1882) to prohibit the sale or installation of "an exhaust system which has been modified in a manner which will amplify or increase the noise emitted by the exhaust" has been reintroduced for consideration in the 2003 legislative session by Massachusetts State Representative Liz Malia. It has not been revised from last year’s version and remains an extremely damaging piece of legislation.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's for the children!!! Do you know how many children's lives have been ruined from aftermarket exhaust??? The numbers are astronomical!!!

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bet she drives a minivan! Wait, Steve Ferguson drives a minivan, oops. Except his has racing stripes. Nah, I bet she drives a Yugo or a Hyundai. This would make me absolutely livid if I lived there. What a waste of her constituents money to waste time on. The same ilk that want to crush old cars, have 55mph speed limits, and photo red light cameras.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Would that be retro-active to current after market exhaust owners?

If current users are grand-fathered in, then get yours installed quick!

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: ALERT !! Exhaust Banning in Mass by *** Representative Liz Malia

She looks like my Shar-pei's wrinkled @ss.

Andy

NCVCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sent her this email:

Please reconsider your bill and position on this matter. The valid counter point to your position is that the reason the majority of automobile owners replace their stock exhaust systems is to increase performance. This may sound like a terribly American thing to do, but by and part of increased performance is better fuel efficiency.

Would you want to limit the legality of an aftermarket product that helps conserve fossil fuels? No right minded Liberal Democrat would even consider such a thing.

Jeff Snell
CEO/Systech Systems & Services
www.systechsystems.com
919.719.2000 x111

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I just sent an email myself:

"I like my aftermarket exhaust system. Not because it is loud or flashy, but because the Government has regulated the auto industry so badly that there wasn't enough in the Manufacturers budget to build something of quality. Since you have obviously not peaked out from under your ****** long enough to see this, I have no choice but to smear your name at every possible opportunity to help relieve you of your burden of office. Please understand this is not a personal attack, but a legitimate attempt to save the children you may inadvertently infect during your term."

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

BEWARE: Her picture may BLIND you, and quite possibly make you hurl...it's pretty gruesome...I warned you!

OMG!!! The horra!!! Gawd, is there an uglier woman on the planet??? I thought I woke up with one once, but never THAT bad!!! That is a woman that hates life, which means she hates men even more, and I can certainly understand why. What is it with that goofy state? Hell, Florida might have Janet Reno but we never elected her to anything significant.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

Wow! She sure looks like a devoted public servant. Representative? Who does she represent? Big fat old ladies who are frightened by loud noises? I sent the following-

Liz,

Even though I don't live in Mass., the very idea that aftermarket exhausts could be banned sickens me. I am an automotive enthusiast, and can tell you a few things about exhaust systems.

Stock exhausts are overly restrictive, because thats the easiest and cheapest way for the manufacturer to make them. The baffles are arranged to quiet the noise, at the expense of good aerodynamics. It takes a lot of development costs, and manufacturing costs, to make a really good exhaust system. Manufacturers don't go through these extra steps because it makes no "dollars sense".

Some systems, like the one on my car, add up to 18 HP to the engine's output. This means the gasoline is burned more completely, and more energy is wrung out of the same amount of gas. This is good for the environment, because the engine burns cleaner.

Keep in mind that not ALL aftermarket exhausts are obtrusively loud. While its true that some are offensive, don't throw out the baby with the bathwater.

Don't quench the great American tradition of making our cars run better!

S

SUN RA KAT

Snake Bitten -

I'm glad you warned me about her picture. Maybe if they had millions of her picture made up and dropped them all on Iraq, the War would be averted when Saddamn blows himself up after he reads the message at the bottom - "I am coming to cuddle you in my ***** and give you The Mother of All Kisses in the French style. (signed)Liz" :usa:

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

UPDATE

HB1882 Ammended -

Massachusetts
A bill (H.D. 1882 Ammended) to prohibit the sale or installation of "a fart tip exhaust system which has been modified in a manner which will amplify or increase the noise emitted by the exhaust of an otherwise foreign car of Asian desent" has been reintroduced for consideration in the 2003 legislative session by Massachusetts State Representative Liz Malia. It has been revised from last year’s version and remains an extremely damaging piece of legislation for people with Ricers.

Tpup

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Personally, I support banning exhaust systems that are louder than a specified db level. The 12 year old men that live around here running straight pipes on their Harly's are really irritating…

Banning "any" aftermarket exhuast is stupid imo...

Roy

OP
OP
T

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gerald,
I went to the web-site but the only pic I saw was of some old fat man with a girls name. :)

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So said Tiepilot

I went to the web-site but the only pic I saw was of some old fat man with a girls name. :)
He'd be her!

You must be registered for see images

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Think about all the Ricers that'll have to dig through the junkyards (I think Mass banned those too) to find their old exhaust systems! What happened to me twenty years ago should happen again. People should move out. The weather is much better here in SC.

snowmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Good Lord, not to sound cliche, but don't they have something better to do? Last time I checked, this economy blows!!! How about some bills to fix that?

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So said Tiepilot

He'd be her!

You must be registered for see images

Ok Gerald, that picture of the he/she crossed the line and has taken this thread into the realm of tasteless, crude and obnoxious. I'm sure that photo, in and of itself is a violation of board rules. :eek:

MR VENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wait 'til the Borlas, Corsas & Bellangers (amoung others) get a hold of this.

Keller

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Good Lord, not to sound cliche, but don't they have something better to do? Last time I checked, this economy blows!!! How about some bills to fix that?

No then they would just put a 50% tax on all exhaust systems. :mad:

HOGDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score

At our last Harley-Davidson Dealer Meeting the topic of Loud Pipes was #1 on the list of Government regulation. In Chicago they have a city ordinance which prevents motorcycles from driving near the Lake front during certain hours. Don't we have better things to fret about???

NDW

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Did you actually expect anything different from the state of Mass? This is the same brain-dead state that keeps electing Kennedy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte