Alpine radio replacement

yellowviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an "01 RT/10 and the stock Alpine radio that is totally useless! Any suggestions on an easy replacement? I don't want to cut the dash to make room for a new radio. Thanks for your help. Jack

ksgts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Any single din radio will fit, but there will still be a lot of wiring to do.

Bugman Jeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The short version is that nothing available will plug into the factory amp, and adapters can be hard to come by, so you're best off replacing the whole system. The amp isn't that good anyway, and many current head units put out as much power with better sound quality than the whole stock system. If you want to keep the amp, some splicing of the DIN cable will be required. The speakers are pretty low quality too. A better head unit with stock speakers still won't sound all that good. Unless you're looking for ipod/MP3 capability, just upgrading the speakers greatly improves the stock system.

Last edited:

shmoos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When i had my 2000 rt10. i to wanted to replace the radio but didnt want to cut the factory harness. I went to my local stereo shop to see if they were authorized alpine dealer. They were. They had in stock the the alpine plugs. They used the plug and tested each wire and connected it to the new radio. No wires were cut or spliced into. Check that out when looking to replace your radio, or go online and find the correct plug.

ROYMAN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I felt the same way about cutting the dash, but I wanted to take advantage of when my stock radio went. Look into the Pioneer AVIC N4 or N5.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dugger