Am I the only one?

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fast is fast but the ultimate cars that people want, need to have looks as well. For that all GENs of Vipers will do well as an overall. I mean as stupid as this sounds I still feel an only 1989 Mustang 5.0L LX coupe is still a very fast car. I had one in High School and it could light them up any time I wanted. Felt very strong and I was just fun to drive at any time. It would get absolutely mutilated today by what is coming out.

Hey a Porsche Panamera Turbo with PDK and launch control was the fastest car I have ever felt I was going 0-60 in. It was insane the torque and seat set back and hook up like no other car out there but if I owned one, I would need a custom made bag over my head to drive it because the car was is damn ugly.

I think the Vipers are just fine and an older Gen 1 is just perfect the way it is. Beleive me, when electronics take over the auto and the Viper in the future, people will still gravitate to the simplicity of the old GENs. I would not right any of them off.

Actually fast and "feeling fast" to the driver looking just for fun is the same thing. Racing is a whole different story as that is timed, but not everyone races.

Good post and you forgot to mention that the Caddy is ugly (just my opinion) and simply ignored as just another car going down the street. The Viper is a one car "car show". Seems like every time I go to fill up people take pictures of the Viper. Never seen that for a Caddy unless it was a 40's - 50's vintage, and it will soon be forgotten when the next fast sedan comes out.

Cars are like life in general... there will always be something faster at a track, or better looking going down the road, or more flawless at the car show... So, the thing is be happy with your Viper and do with it whatever makes you happy--modded or not. :)

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great, now do it again with someone who knows how to launch a viper! He pissed away the win in the first 60 feet!

The Caddy launched with all its electronic controls while the Viper guy spun his tires... Check out episode one when the Mustang smoked the Nissan 350Z... The 350Z guy was real cocky (I know they want that for the show, but it was genuine from this guy) and kept putting down Ford. He ate his words as the Mustang beat his ****.

Anyway, the Caddy is still ugly IMO. They tried to make that one look good by blacking it out and such, but all they did is make it look like a drug dealer car. Just need some 22 inch wheels... ;)

jerseydave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great, now do it again with someone who knows how to launch a viper! He pissed away the win in the first 60 feet![/QUOT

I think next season is a viper vs z06 race. I've heard rumors about it being a twin turbo gen 2. Hopefully it will represent the viper a little better.

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great, now do it again with someone who knows how to launch a viper! He pissed away the win in the first 60 feet![/QUOT

I think next season is a viper vs z06 race. I've heard rumors about it being a twin turbo gen 2. Hopefully it will represent the viper a little better.

Actually it looks like its gonna be a head and cam Z06 against a bone stock Gen4 ACR with the factory cup tires replaced with PS2's. Sad that they have to take away from the viper to make a built C6Z look better:(

Voodoo Rob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was going to comment on this and thought my Viper is stock with 06 wheels but my bikes are all wide tires up to 360, air ride, custom paint, blah, blah. So what the hell do I know. Performance numbers should only be compared on factory stock vehicles for consistency. Gen 2 versus 4 door this or that, ACR versus turbo with traction control, 100k car with 100k in mods versus a bike that costs 12k...its what drives the enthusiasts and gives us all a chance at owning a piece of rolling art. The modification of the art is all in the eye of the beholder. There is a picture posted of a Viper with a large wing and custom wheels. If thats what the owner likes, I think good for them. If it was 180 degrees the other way with a picture of a stock Viper, I would say the same thing. The execution and quality of work done will show an owners true passion. Who am I to judge anybody and their choices.

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a little more than "spray can modified":

gayt_viper.jpg

God that is good looking

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was going to comment on this and thought my Viper is stock with 06 wheels but my bikes are all wide tires up to 360, air ride, custom paint, blah, blah. So what the hell do I know. Performance numbers should only be compared on factory stock vehicles for consistency. Gen 2 versus 4 door this or that, ACR versus turbo with traction control, 100k car with 100k in mods versus a bike that costs 12k...its what drives the enthusiasts and gives us all a chance at owning a piece of rolling art. The modification of the art is all in the eye of the beholder. There is a picture posted of a Viper with a large wing and custom wheels. If thats what the owner likes, I think good for them. If it was 180 degrees the other way with a picture of a stock Viper, I would say the same thing. The execution and quality of work done will show an owners true passion. Who am I to judge anybody and their choices.

Nice post! :)

Vooodoo ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't see how all stock parts can be considered the "best" option when a lot of those parts are chosen because of budget restrictions. IMO, there's aftermarket parts can make the Viper even better. If the design team had a bigger budget to work with, your stock Viper may look closer to some modified Vipers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187