An amusing picture from today's GTG

Status
Not open for further replies.

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: An amusing picture from today\'s GTG

haha.... he's just bitter because he's one of the ones got TOTALLY HOSED by toyota when they dropped the Supra's price by $10,000.00 from the 1995 to 1996 model year....

Imagine spending $58k on a car, only to find out a couple months later you can get the same EXACT, NEW car for $10k less!

anyways, 12.0 @ 121 MPH on drag radials is nothing to brag about, there are PLENTY of Vipers that will give you a good beating..... I ran 11.6 @ 121 on regular street tires....

your plate just shows how much you envy the Viper..... all you can think about is racing a Viper.....

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by FikseGTS on 04-02-2002 at 10:58 PM</font>

OP
OP
T

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Marvelous -- yet another contentous topic to debate on this thread.

USAF BAD ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SmokinM3:
Ok, I didn't want to register to this forum, but after reading this post I have to respond.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
no, actually you didn't...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SmokinM3:

some of you guys need to stop acting like you are driving a Lambo.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would venture to say our cars get just as much attention as almost any lambo... and looks every bit as exotic. I'm sorry that your m3, which turned heads for like the first 2 weeks it was out, doesn't compare to a dodge which even going on 10 years old still has the ability to drop jaws with the best cars on the planet..

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've been staying out of this thread until now, but I can resist no longer....

SilverSupra, your last post makes it sound like Viper owners are all pompous while you are some kind of angel. Let me quote the first few lines of your first post on this thread:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SilverSupra:
HAHAHAHHA........some of you guys are great....

Do you honestly think that your car with(if your lucky) 430 to the wheels can honestly keep up with my 465 / 475 torque????
Pulling 120 -121 traps CONSISTENT....with STOCK TURBOS!!!!
I roll on vipers all the time....ALL THE TIME...

I have yet to get beat...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dunno, you tell me who has the attitude here. This almost makes it worth my drive up north, but not quite. If you ever come to SoCal, let me know. I respect the Supra and all other fast cars, and I'm happy to race you, whether you have 465 rwhp or 600+. It's all in good fun. Don't take anything here too seriously. I know many of these guys, and this is just friendly smack talk.

USAF BAD ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SilverSupra:
I could get high 30's for my car.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope you don't mean high 30 thousands... well, maybe canadian dollars..

In my research before buying my asp I did look at some supras. I wanted to see everything out there again before I spent the dough.
I found a black 1995 TT stock, local, with 73k miles for $16,500. With your $900 worth of mods, or even if you have more than that, there is NO way you'll ever see high 30's. Unless it has less than 20k miles.. even then, still to high. I saw a 1996 TT with 40k miles selling for 31,000 in Chicago. And if I wanted to drive to cali, they were even cheaper.. I saw 94's and 95's with decent miles (50-80k) with 10k worth of mods and they were only mid to high 20's... if that.. There is a 94 single for sale on the forum with a brand new engine and tons of mods for 31k.. so, since you seemed to have forgotten...
PUFF PUFF PASS

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Supra dude,

Give me a break. They stop selling the Supra due to 'lack of sales'. Period. They actually dropped the price of the automatics 10K, and still couldn't get them out the door. They cost approx. 40K for a TT when they ended production, not 50-60K.

P.S. - This debate has been beat senseless on this page. Please continue on the Poopra page....

P.S.S. - To end this debate once and for all, could the VCA PLEASE invite these dreamers to only 1 Viperdays event, so they can get a taste of serious defeat. I'm sick of the Viper vs. Supra post.....

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

SilverPoopra,

1.) Stock Viper with good driver and street tires:
11.7 at 120's

2.) Reposted from Jason Heffner
Some friends and I rented Maryland International Raceway on Wednesday and had a great time. There was twelve cars there, two Vipers including mine and a variety of other cars. I made twenty passes almost all of which were in the 11s and my best two were 11.65 amd 11.67 both slightly over 120 mph. The only mods to the car are roller rockers, smooth tubes, and my own modified airbox. My best 60 foot time was a 1.70 but as luck would have it I missed third gear because I was too busy thinking about how good of a launch that was. My other 60 foot times were in the low 1.8s and one 1.79 on Pirelli P Zeros. Mark Brown had his 98 GTS with only smooth tubes and was hot on my heels with a best of 11.70. It was a great time for everyone and it only cost 100.00 per car. Anyone interested in taking a day off of work for some drag racing in the future in the MD/VA area please e mail me, you won't be sorry.

3.) *"Don't go away mad, just go away"

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score

SilverSupra,

Since your car seems to resemble one like I raced (and boy was he fast) would you please be so kind as to maneuver your way to my "Gonna Spank a Civic" thread and advise me on how to beat this guy...figured you could give me some good advice as to launching,shifting,sideway glancing,acceptable prizes,etc. I have been told constantly to NEVER trust a ricer...so maybe you could give me a headsup prior to race day....

Thanks,

No flame intended...just observation...

CStegall

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score

SilverSupra,

IT'S A JOKE!!!!! Read the whole thread..sheeesh!. Have fun with it...as Chuck says..."laughter is the best medicine"....

In the service of the Viper nation...

CStegall

P.S. The guy in the Civic does exist in all of our hearts and minds!

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ahhhh ... the sounds of a good debate. Pass the popcorn please.

Status
Not open for further replies.