Another 1" seat lowering kit question or two

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Currently I have the seat off of the mounting holes and have tried to mount to gateway module under the bracket but it is very tight underneath the bracket. For those who have relocated the moudle underneath, did you have to cut some of the carpeting and insulation?
One more question...
I have not pulled the seat out of the car yet but it is just resting face down on the center console with the seat back facing the passenger door. Since the seat is so heavy and difficult to rotate inside the car. Which angle is best in trying to pull it out of the car?
Now I go take a break and hopefully someone can point me to the right direction. Thank you in advance.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Be VERY CAREFUL with the unwieldy seat. Cover/pad the sharp-edged corners before rotating/removing. If you bobble the seat, you will cut something soft and expensive..... and it WONT be your own skin.

Are you moving the module up and back? The harness that goes to the module needs to be moved. It is zip-tied down to the floor pan beneath the carpet in about 12 places, every few inches. If you dont remove the carpet, you have to cut it. Oh, and dont cut the harness.
Do you plan to flatten or angle-grind off the welded module bracket?

Or are you just lowering / velcroeing to the floor "inside" the bracket?

Last edited:

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Currently I have the seat off of the mounting holes and have tried to mount to gateway module under the bracket but it is very tight underneath the bracket. For those who have relocated the moudle underneath, did you have to cut some of the carpeting and insulation?
One more question...
I have not pulled the seat out of the car yet but it is just resting face down on the center console with the seat back facing the passenger door. Since the seat is so heavy and difficult to rotate inside the car. Which angle is best in trying to pull it out of the car?
Now I go take a break and hopefully someone can point me to the right direction. Thank you in advance.

Hey Bruce,

Tator just removed my module from the bracket (think 3 screws) and placed the module under the bracket from the rear of the bracket. The bracket was not touched or flattened. I should tell you that I have the 1 inch lowering kit. The module is held in place with some rubber pieces wedged between the module and bracket. No issues.

Doubleup

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I also just pushed mine under the bracket. It was tight but no issues. I used a few zip ties thru the mount holes to keep my mind at ease and keep it from sliding back out...

OP
OP
A

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ended up cutting out a small piece of insulation to make room for the Gateway module under the bracket. 3 zip ties did the trick in securing the module. The seat was binding Quite a bit and it turned out the bottom rails weren't adjusted proprtly Wished the install instructions was better and had a section on the front mounting tab adjustments, So if uour kit binds it could be the rails not parallel to each other or set too long and ended up bending when they are being tightened down.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950