Another 2008 Viper Video . . .

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't have a problem with their evaluation of the ergonomics. It isn't particularly great for everyone. However, with either a 1" or 2" seat lowering kit, the ergonomic problems are somewhat mitigated.

I DO have a problem with their claims that it's not an everyday car. I think the taller fellow grasped the issue better when he stated, "for those that want a sports car". Why do we constantly hear about how the ride is not comfortable for an everyday car? As with everything in life, it's all about compromise. There is no question in my mind that a Lincoln Town car may be more "comfortable" to drive everyday. If I had a job where I was in my car for 10 hours a day, there is no question that I'd arrive back home at night far less exhausted having exited a Town car than a Viper. But "comfort/everyday" ride is COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT to everyone that has ever seriously considered owning a Viper. Why even mention it? And what percentage of Viper owners don't have some access (own, lease, work car) to a second car? Who are "reviewers" speaking to when they are warning viewers that this is not particularly practical to own as a a primary (i.e., your only) vehicle? It's completely nonsensical.

It's precisely represented in the Vette/Viper comparison. One attempts (thru design and price) to compromise just enough to be considered as a primary vehicle. The other does not compromise. Is it not better to have 2 cars (or more for that matter) to achieve the best results for each condition (each end of the spectrum).

If you're going to pick up groceries, you'd take the mini-van.
If you're going to go skiing, you'd take the SUV.
If you're going to take a family vacation, you'd take...well....either of the previous ;)
If you're going to take a Sunday drive, you'd take the Vette.

But if you're going to DRIVE....

OP
OP
R

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't have a problem with their evaluation of the ergonomics. It isn't particularly great for everyone. However, with either a 1" or 2" seat lowering kit, the ergonomic problems are somewhat mitigated.

I DO have a problem with their claims that it's not an everyday car. I think the taller fellow grasped the issue better when he stated, "for those that want a sports car". Why do we constantly hear about how the ride is not comfortable for an everyday car? As with everything in life, it's all about compromise. There is no question in my mind that a Lincoln Town car may be more "comfortable" to drive everyday. If I had a job where I was in my car for 10 hours a day, there is no question that I'd arrive back home at night far less exhausted having exited a Town car than a Viper. But "comfort/everyday" ride is COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT to everyone that has ever seriously considered owning a Viper. Why even mention it? And what percentage of Viper owners don't have some access (own, lease, work car) to a second car? Who are "reviewers" speaking to when they are warning viewers that this is not particularly practical to own as a a primary (i.e., your only) vehicle? It's completely nonsensical.

It's precisely represented in the Vette/Viper comparison. One attempts (thru design and price) to compromise just enough to be considered as a primary vehicle. The other does not compromise. Is it not better to have 2 cars (or more for that matter) to achieve the best results for each condition (each end of the spectrum).

If you're going to pick up groceries, you'd take the mini-van.
If you're going to go skiing, you'd take the SUV.
If you're going to take a family vacation, you'd take...well....either of the previous ;)
If you're going to take a Sunday drive, you'd take the Vette.

But if you're going to DRIVE....

Agree completely although I do have to say that having had some good weather and the opportunity to drive the Viper lately it could function as a day to day car in a pinch. Frankly, the most annoying thing is my ungraceful entry and exit as I try to contort my feet and torso over the side sill without scraping the sill and door panel with my foot. And I'm only about 6 feet tall.

/Rich

ViperGal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My favorite parts

1. Make sure you have money in the checking account if you are going for a drive so you can get gas. Duh! Usually not an issue if you had the money to buy the car. :drive:

2. Wow - look at that emblem on the steering wheel. Now I don't think that would ever make my top 10 list in a review of the Viper. A molded ram to boot! Too funny. :lmao:

3. You can carry a sandwhich. Now of course a Viper is to drive and not usually a daily driver - that said we have been able to put $300 of whole foods groceries in the trunk - not sure if that is a trunk statement or a whole foods statement but still it has a decent amount of room in the trunk.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he carried a few less sandwiches to work everyday, he might find the ergonomics a bit more attractive....it would definately be a lot less painful if the bolsters weren't lodged in his spleen

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's not forgot the viper HAS never been called Copperhead EVER. That was another concept and it was orange.

--RS

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These people are idiots. They show footage of an gen 3 when there driving saying its brand new, and when they talk about new styling cues they show a gen 3. this has to be one of the stupidist reviews ever, WHY WOULD YOU BUY A VIPER FOR A FAMILY CAR??? or even a daily driver. these people are stupid.

04mystic

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That was ridiculous, that seemed like a couple of college students doing a project.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would love my Viper as a daily driver. Too bad there's so much crime around.

My wife and I drove cross continent and neither of us complained about the ergonomics. I drove from Ohio to BC in 2 days. I found the Viper comfortable and relaxing to drive over long distances. I love the ergonomics. When I bought my GTS in Ohio, I loaded 4 brake rotors, 1 front and 1 back wheels & tires, the intake manifold, smooth tubes, stock air filter, set of stock coil springs, my suitcase and various smaller parts into the GTS. I still had room on top for souveneirs (signs) on my way home.

12 cubic feet of cargo space and a passenger seat - all he can fit is sandwhiches???

I love the ride and the 'stiff'(?) steering. I like my exhaust out the back for the quiet way it cruises down the highway.

Actually, I can't think of any improvements to be made to my Viper, except the ones I've already made to it. I find the Viper to be the closest stock car to perfection. They need less modifications for perfection than all the others built (for under $250,000 that is).

Ted

iron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
***** review. I drive my '06 convertible every day, no problem. Comfortable and great in So. FL with cooperative weather most of the year.

I think I have one of few GTS Blue '06 Conv's, at least around here. I have seen exactly ZERO others in 2 years ... and we are talking about West Palm, Ft Laud and Miami. I am sure they exist but more rare than many Lambo's and Ferrari's.

BTW - I beat an '06 Lambo 0-90 MPH. He may not have been the best driver (but don't really know that either). I know I got pulled over and Miami Beach cop let me off with nothing. Was a 30 MPH zone but he said he saw the guy taunting me over and over. 100% true.

JBsZ06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am on my third vette yet there is no denying the superstar status of the SRT/10!

Awesome car that is amazing!

JB

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang