Another ebay scam?

OP
OP
B

bloose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This car did in fact sell for 50K with 8K miles. If I'm not mistaken this car should have stickered for 86K.

Someone either got a fantastic deal, or EVERYTHING else on ebay is extremely overpriced. I've been tracking them for a while now and it seems to be a rare occasion when someone meets the reserve.

I was tempted to bid but red and no stripes wasn't my thing. Maybe that's why it went so cheap. If it was Sapphire with Silver it would have been mine. Maybe.

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This car did in fact sell for 50K with 8K miles. If I'm not mistaken this car should have stickered for 86K.

Someone either got a fantastic deal, or EVERYTHING else on ebay is extremely overpriced. I've been tracking them for a while now and it seems to be a rare occasion when someone meets the reserve.

I was tempted to bid but red and no stripes wasn't my thing. Maybe that's why it went so cheap. If it was Sapphire with Silver it would have been mine. Maybe.

Brian,
A neighbor of mine has been thinking of selling his 01 Sap/Silver stripped ACR. Somewhere around 3-4k miles I think. Car is not and has not been advertised for sale. Bone stock. If you're interested let me know and I'll ask him if he still wants to sell it. He currently owns three 01's.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Many time the car sells for the reserve etc, and then the sale does NOT go through due to "second thoughts" by the seller, some other "story" by the seller, the seller was "testing the waters" etc. Usually the "buyer" acceppts the "story" and goes on moves on. Many times the same car reappears with a higher reserve or BIN price. I have also seen feedback in a case like this where the "first" winner did in fact at least post negative feedback like "failed to sell it at the price that I bid and won item at".

OP
OP
B

bloose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yep. I've been keeping an eye on the few cars that do sell to see if the sale went through or if there was bad feedback left. I've found the best thing one can do is just watch the market and classifieds for a long time and just learn as much as possible. Just following the threads here for the last few months has been a goldmine of information.

Thanks to everyone!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4