Another NJ Viper Rental wreck ?? Anyone know what happened?

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before: Exotic Car Rentals of New Jersey - Viper SRT-10 (Convertible) for rent

After: Exotic Car Crashes, Porsche, Ferrari, BMW, Mercedes

I guess it's possible it's not the same car. But I would be willing to bet, it IS. Thats a pretty rare color on a vert., and a very serious accident. Clearly way,way above any speed limit. And no caution was used at all. It has to be the car.

Anyone know details on this 2ND rental wreck? That cars looks REALLY,REALLY bad. I can't imagine anyone surviving this. Also, I think this was the same company who owned the 2006 Vert. that the police officer was killed in a few years back. In fact, I think this was the replacement car.

So, Sad... I hope this one did not yield any innocent injuries.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before: Exotic Car Rentals of New Jersey - Viper SRT-10 (Convertible) for rent

After: Exotic Car Crashes, Porsche, Ferrari, BMW, Mercedes

I guess it's possible it's not the same car. But I would be willing to bet, it IS. Thats a pretty rare color on a vert., and a very serious accident. Clearly way,way above any speed limit. And no caution was used at all. It has to be the car.

Anyone know details on this 2ND rental wreck? That cars looks REALLY,REALLY bad. I can't imagine anyone surviving this. Also, I think this was the same company who owned the 2006 Vert. that the police officer was killed in a few years back. In fact, I think this was the replacement car.

So, Sad... I hope this one did not yield any innocent injuries.
Ron,i can not believe that anyone would -could rent a Gen 4(crazy powerband ) in NJ OF ALL PLACES (AMOUNT of cars ,people we have in such a confined place )

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's just crazy that they rent Vipers. :nono:
Now throw in the fact that NJ has 1136 people per square mile (US Average is 80 )and you got problems .On top of the people even in the rural areas because of new home construction there are deer everywhere.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What the difference, rent, lease or buy, the think is fast, and can be "wreckless" if not respected.
Its the powerband on the Gen 4 that leads to problems for those not experianced (esp when its cold out ).Below 4500 it feels like nothing compared to other Gens above (cam adjusts) look out.

OP
OP
T

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe, I agree. This is a very dangerous car in the wrong hands. Yes, any car can be dangerous, I know. But these Vipers have a nasty powerband up top.

This is the same company that rented the 2006 out, that wrecked in North Brunswick in 2007. And cost someone their life. It's just a shame people can't not control themselves behind the wheel.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe, I agree. This is a very dangerous car in the wrong hands. Yes, any car can be dangerous, I know. But these Vipers have a nasty powerband up top.

This is the same company that rented the 2006 out, that wrecked in North Brunswick in 2007. And cost someone their life. It's just a shame people can't not control themselves behind the wheel.
Exactly ,as far as the wreck in NBrunswick i had an account only a few miles from there .That accident involved off duty cops and we both know how cops in NJ drive off or on duty =impunity from all driving rules,laws ect.

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly ,as far as the wreck in NBrunswick i had an account only a few miles from there .That accident involved off duty cops and we both know how cops in NJ drive off or on duty =impunity from all driving rules,laws ect.
I remember that wreck.

Didn't the passenger cop die?:(

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rental Vipers (or any supercar for that matter) should have some sort of speed regulator. No one has any business going that fast in a rental.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not calling for nannies - I love the Viper as it is and am a tireless advocate of this "mans' care," but as a lawyer, I think it is at least borderline negligent to sell or rent these machines (especially a Gen IV) without some sort of training. If you think about it, it would be a really cool marketing device. The new Viper is SO fast, SO aggressive that we will not sell it to you until you do a one-day class. It is amazing to understand, but there are LOTS of people that do not understand that there are cars in existence that will kill you if you floor them in anything but a straight line in good conditions.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not calling for nannies - I love the Viper as it is and am a tireless advocate of this "mans' care," but as a lawyer, I think it is at least borderline negligent to sell or rent these machines (especially a Gen IV) without some sort of training. If you think about it, it would be a really cool marketing device. The new Viper is SO fast, SO aggressive that we will not sell it to you until you do a one-day class. It is amazing to understand, but there are LOTS of people that do not understand that there are cars in existence that will kill you if you floor them in anything but a straight line in good conditions.
In NJ on top of ALL the above (at least in the accident that happened last year )is the fact that our police drive around this state(on or off duty ) without regard for ANY TRAFFIC LAWS .

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score

yes this is absolutely correct...The general public has no idea what these cars can do...

I had a V6 camaro with a supercharger makeing 250 HP....I sold it and got a 350 HP C5...Another 100 HP and the car was defiently faster but I could floor it and the car would jusyt go in a straight line with no problems...

I made that C5 450 HP with heads and cam..Same thing..With the traction controls and ect I could floor that car any time with zero issues...

So I traded that 450 HP C5 for a stock 99 rt10 viper...I thought..Well 450 HP vrs 450 hp...Ahhh..no big deal...Other then the viper looking a lot kooler and being much rarer I wasnt to concerned with the power...

Dont you know I almost wrecked that 99 rt10 the first stop sighn I left from...Simply left the stop sighn and did a 360 right in the middle of the road...

Then a hour later I was under heavy acelleration and on the 1-2 shift the car broke loose and got side ways...

I got that car dynoed and it was 410 rwhp and 465 rwt......four hundred and sixty five rwt!!!!!!!!!!!!

A gen 2 Viper makes the same tourque as a 600 HP anything else..Almost killed my seld due to lack of knowledge..

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If some of you think they shouldn't be rented, then they shouldn't be sold either. A person renting doesn't automatically make them a Darwinism dumbas$, nor does buying a Viper make someone an expert Viper driver. Plenty of Viper owners have no experience with high powered cars, as evidenced by the numerous wrecks we've all seen.

Kinda like guns. Guns do not kill, people kill. Don't blame the cars.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly the point.

If some of you think they shouldn't be rented, then they shouldn't be sold either. A person renting doesn't automatically make them a Darwinism dumbas$, nor does buying a Viper make someone an expert Viper driver. Plenty of Viper owners have no experience with high powered cars, as evidenced by the numerous wrecks we've all seen.

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, Larry had yet another car get in an accident over at his place in NJ. Driver and passenger walked away from it. They lost control after dodging a deer and brushed up against a tree. He's giving up on renting the Viper. It could have been any vehicle really...

Peter Nielsen

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Exactly! Stupidity kills. They might as well stop selling chain saws - perfectly good in the hands of somebody who knows how to use them, but potentially lethal to a ******* fooling around...

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly! Stupidity kills. They might as well stop selling chain saws - perfectly good in the hands of somebody who knows how to use them, but potentially lethal to a ******* fooling around...

9 toed chad says the same thing

You must be registered for see images

go figure

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do sometimes wonder :dunno: Now most of you guys and girls over there have large engined cars, however I guess most people drive Automatics :dunno: When you take your driving tests do you drive manual cars or Automatics?

Over Here in the UK if you pass your driving test in an Automatic, you can only drive a Automatic. But if you pass your test in a Manual car you can drive both :drive:

Having driven manual cars most of my life, I have to say the Tremec gearbox can catch you out! If someone was to go from an Automatic car and jump into a Viper :omg: Well I don't think it would be a good mix!

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The style of driving that one employs when behind the wheel of a rental car is completely contrary to what you need to do to drive a Viper.

I drive rentals cars like the gas pedal is an on / off switch with the brake.

Admit it - we all do it.

Think about someone inexperienced doing that with a Viper.

It is amazing more of them are not wrecked.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The style of driving that one employs when behind the wheel of a rental car is completely contrary to what you need to do to drive a Viper.

I drive rentals cars like the gas pedal is an on / off switch with the brake.

Admit it - we all do it.

Think about someone inexperienced doing that with a Viper.

It is amazing more of them are not wrecked.

If you take the number of Vipers available for renting and how many of them get wrecked... you'll find that ratio a LOT higher.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, Larry had yet another car get in an accident over at his place in NJ. Driver and passenger walked away from it. They lost control after dodging a deer and brushed up against a tree. He's giving up on renting the Viper. It could have been any vehicle really...
Drive around NJ and one will easily pass dozens of dead deer daily on the side of the road as they are everywhere .As i previously posted in comparasion to other states we have MANY times the nat average of population concentration,with ALL the building ect to house these people the deer literally have no place to roam .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper