Another one bites the dust.

MattInNC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not mine thank god, but in a small town like Yuma, with only two Vipers locally, I was asked about 50 times if it was me.

http://www.yumasun.com/news/incident-55738-east-turned.html

posted via my PDA so you may need to cut and paste the link.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Are those PS1's on the the fronts, and MXX3's on the back?

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love how they state "it hit a patch of mud and turned over on its roof". Duh, it's convertible. Gotta love these small town newspaper writers. An RT/10 flips and they state a Mustang rolled over on its roof.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are those PS1's on the the fronts, and MXX3's on the back?

Not original wheels, so at least not XGTZs.

I'll vote for the PS1s, but MXX3 middle treads had identical rows around and the one in the lettuce field looks like the center one is thinner... maybe PZero?

Attachments

• AMG%20Wheel%20%234%2000014.jpg
    AMG%20Wheel%20%234%2000014.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 9

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Front Fog lights look ok, I need one of those ;)

Maybe the car skidded on some caterpillars crossing the road going for their lunch :D

Glad no one was hurt :2tu:

Mark
UK

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It has not crashed. It is playing dead waiting for the tow truck and its operators to come. When they do, it will flip over and strike them with its fangs. Viper food is harder to get in Yuma.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I dont recognize the rears, but they dont like like PS1's, like it has on the front.
Mixing different types or brands of tires, with likely different ages, a definite no-no! :nono:
I never realized how important this was, until one time when I put some new fronts on, then went out on the track, and found it had new-found oversteer! :crazy2: The fronts gripped like glue, and so when I pushed it, the back end wanted to step out. It was a drastic difference, which surprised me, because up to that time, I thought everyone who ballyhooed about not mixing them up were just exagerating. My rears still had tread, and were the same PS1's, but were quite a bit older. THis alone was enough to unbalance the handling, never mind having different types, like that pour guy had.

Not original wheels, so at least not XGTZs.

I'll vote for the PS1s, but MXX3 middle treads had identical rows around and the one in the lettuce field looks like the center one is thinner... maybe PZero?

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm.... I'm surprised they didn't say it was going over 100mph when it crashed. Isn't that the standard line in these reports?

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Loved my time in Yuma. Nice community with access to lots of fun stuff. I would be very tempted if I had a Snake locally to get out on those lonely desert roads and probably also become a statistic...atleast it didn't rear-end a lettuce or produce truck. Those are always interesting.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Vipers are amazingly sturdy in rollover crashes. At least amongst Gen IIs, I can't recall a rollover with a deformed roof. They seem to hold up pretty well.

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Vipers are amazingly sturdy in rollover crashes. At least amongst Gen IIs, I can't recall a rollover with a deformed roof. They seem to hold up pretty well.
Noticed the same thing!! I Like taking my 5 year old for rides and it makes me alot more comfortable

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960