Anoying way of opening SRT trunk

SFYellow

Suspended
Reaction score
Guys is it only me or does it common problem on SRT with the trunk? First of all why Dodge designed these cars the way that you can open trunk only from the remote control :dunno:? Second, I literally have to catch the right moment when I push the botton on the remote control to help and lift the trunk lid, otherwise it will not open. It just doesnt have the enough "pop" force to stay open once I press the botton. It seems that the trunk holding gas shocks are too week to hold the waight:rolleyes:.
One thing I have to say though, I bought my 05 SRT used and it already had installed rear loop wing on it. I understand that the wing adds some weight to the trunk door, but I cannot imagine it adds so much waight. :dunno:
Any ideas? Would a stronger gas shocks hold on better to the task? If so anyone installed or know of the good stronger then OEM but in OEM size shocks?

salties

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have to push the trunk button twice , it works for me .

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a key hole you can open the trunk with as well....it should stay open once you pop it even with a spoiler and once the trunk is open the shocks should hold it up even with a spoiler

how bout some pics of the wing

OP
OP
S

SFYellow

Suspended
Reaction score
There is a key hole you can open the trunk with as well....it should stay open once you pop it even with a spoiler and once the trunk is open the shocks should hold it up even with a spoiler

how bout some pics of the wing
Hm, that is the problem, it doesn't stay open and even when I open it I have to bring the trunk lid all the way up so the shocks hold it otherwise it will fall right back on me :crazy2:.
I don't know how to post pictures here :confused:

Reaction score
Loop wing and it will NEVER stay up or pop as it should stock. You will have to live with the choice you made on the wing I suppose.

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I had my '06 Coupe, I made a habit of lifting the hatch with my right hand just as I pressed the release button on the remote. Worked just fine.

The 08's fixed the problem with the soft release button just above the license plate.:)

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My '05 did the exact same thing.So annoying! My '08 does'nt seem to do it, yet.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I had my '06 Coupe, I made a habit of lifting the hatch with my right hand just as I pressed the release button on the remote. Worked just fine.

The 08's fixed the problem with the soft release button just above the license plate.:)

For real? i don't have a soft release button on mine

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no idea what the button the key fob is supposed to do. After reading these posts I checked my ACR and held the button down to see if you could then lift the rear open and nothing. I can only open the gate if I use the release button under the lid or use the key.

So I am assuming, the key fob button just unlocks the gate.

OP
OP
S

SFYellow

Suspended
Reaction score
See the red circles in the pic
You must be registered for see images attach

Thank you!!! Yesterday I adjusted those little bumps and trunk stays open when I pop it from the remote control. Took me 2 min to adjust. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Burntrubber

Viper Owner
Reaction score

can you use your left hand, just wondering:D

V

Venomiss

Glad you got the problem fixed-now maybe you can join the VCA?:)

JTOJR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thank you!!! Yesterday I adjusted those little bumps and trunk stays open when I pop it from the remote control. Took me 2 min to adjust. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Worked for me too. Thanks Billseast

TommyG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Worked for me to on my 04 vert, was having same issues getting it to release and I extended those rubber tubes a few turns and works perfect now. So silicone for vert top eliminates narly noise and a few twists of the rubber tubes gets you an open trunk, this forum ROCKS! Thanks for the great feeback all.