Any guesses on what the Gev-V GTS hood would cost to replace ;)

BCBowers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure what Gen-II hoods sell for these days, but at one point they were in the $15,000 range. With the return of the clamshell for the new car, and the fact that it's now in carbon fiber, I'm guessing it'll be close to a $20k body panel.

Lucid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking this too. Having a gen IV I appreciate the ease to get to the engine.

Adding the carbon fibre $20,000 replacement cost seems likely.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it appears that frame damage on th new car will be easier to repair than the past.

Bruce

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think the hood cost will be the same ... The Gen I/II hoods are larger and heavier. My understanding is this led to a high failure rate in manufacturing the hoods driving up the cost. I would think the smaller lighter clam of the Gen V will probably not come close in cost.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Hood? The real question should be what is going to be the cost for the new front fascia? Based on the shape and design - I can see a lot of those needing to be replaced for Viper owners hitting parking curbs, speed bumps, etc.

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's the "cost to floss". Thank God they brought the clamshell back, no matter what the cost.

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure what Gen-II hoods sell for these days, but at one point they were in the $15,000 range. With the return of the clamshell for the new car, and the fact that it's now in carbon fiber, I'm guessing it'll be close to a $20k body panel.

I bet the Gen V hood can be sent to China and reproduced in Carbon Fiber for no more than $1,000.00-$1,500.00 each if made at least 5-10 at a time.

It is not near the complexity of a shape as the Gen II hood and I paid ~ $3,500.00 for one of the Gen II CF hoods for the identical hood on the GTS-R's. THey had to make money off me and I bought that from a place in the US. I would be surprised if it would cost more than 1k at the most the more I think about it!

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just total the car.....you know the game. Why ask?

Actually, I noticed that the hood does not wrap totally down and around like the Gen II. Should be easier to produce. Not less expensive, though.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't worry about it....remember, the new car doesn't have enough horsepower to ever "get into trouble" so it will never be an issue. :lmao:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala