Any hints on how to make your car move smoothly from 1st gear??

Reaction score
dude...it jumps so much...at one time...i was standin' on a hill... i was **** scared...cuz this 45foot long truck was behind me...and i knew the car was gonna role back...so i hit the gas lil too hard ...i wasn't thinkin' clearly...it was lil too hot i guess...and i let go of the clutch really fast...the car picked up from the front...and hit the ground...good thing i have bumper to bumper warrenty...so i get everything fixed and replaced..

------------------

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
It the above post is serious:

Try using your handbrake next time, if you are on an incline:

pull handbrake lever up
take left foot off of brake (you'll STILL be stopped since the handbrake is actuated)
release clutch at your leisure
accelerate while slowly releasing the handbrake

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Venom800:
dude...it jumps so much...at one time...i was standin' on a hill... i was **** scared...cuz this 45foot long truck was behind me...and i knew the car was gonna role back...so i hit the gas lil too hard ...i wasn't thinkin' clearly...it was lil too hot i guess...and i let go of the clutch really fast...the car picked up from the front...and hit the ground...good thing i have bumper to bumper warrenty...so i get everything fixed and replaced..<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When you reach 16, your daddy can teach you

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This kind of post gives us Canadian's a bad name! With all due respect, even with a Venom 800, you would have to be using some serious slicks and a different car to lift the front end off high enough to do damage to it on the way back down! Please don't post BS or at very least change the location you claim to be from, because it's embarrassing me!

Reaction score
k ...thanks guys...(who helped me) i tried that...and it works much better...and i do not own a venom 800... that's just my name...i own a 99 gts... mah dad just got it for me...so no need to be rude...k...i'm sure we all have had this happend to us...one time or another when you were learnin' to drive a stick shift...rite??...maybe not...but thanx anyway...i won't ask anymore stupid questions...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32