Any Northerners still driving there Vipers???

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In CT we have had no snow or ice yet. I am still driving my car. I even used it on Christmas!! It seems most people tucked there cars away for the winter, but why not use if the weather is good? It will make the winter short for sure...Anyone else still driving??/...AL

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not me. They lay the salt pretty thick up in my parts. It did rain last week for 2 days and washed all of the salt away but mine is in hibernation until spring.
Go ahead "southerner's"..........laugh!! :D

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sneak mine out when the streets are dry. The temps are usually in the teens or twenties but I like that.....it runs better.

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried driving mine with the temps in the low 40's and the tires were spinning like they were made of grease.

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whenever I am not too busy I am driving it..I just have tried to stay out of the heavy holiday traffic, but definitely using it! We are blessed with this weather.

John Johns

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still driving in mild Western Colorado. The Denver Viper boys on the east side of the rockies may be a bit challenged driving Vipers just now, with 2 feet of snow.

Bo knows

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drive mine when the roads are clear. The engine feels a lot stronger in the cold weather & the tires break loose rear easy making it a blast to drive.

Bo knows

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny - when I lived in Maryland I used to drive my Gen I & II RT-10s with the top off while on the low 40s...my wife and I bundled up and went for a drive. Very little snow up there but after the first snow they put a ton of salt on the roads and I did not drive it until rain washed it away.

Now I live in Florida, 500 yards off the beach, and my garage faces the beach so I actually get a salt film on it even with the cover on. And my drive to work is straight up A1A so needless to say, I'd never drive my SRT-10 if I was worried about salt!

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
Hasn't snowed in a while here in Chicago and the rain cleared out all the salt. So, yes, driving the viper pretty much everyday even though the temps are low. Loving every minute.

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I drove it just before Thanksgiving and it was no fun as it was spinning all over the place. I am not a fan of driving when I can't put my foot down and stick.

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just found out that I can cut my insurance down by putting in storage and dropping coverage. So that's it. it's away till spring. I'm just stuck driving the lexus till then.

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
Just found out that I can cut my insurance down by putting in storage and dropping coverage. So that's it. it's away till spring. I'm just stuck driving the lexus till then.

Yeah, I have that option too. But there is no way I'm doing that.

SERPENT INDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
....mine are all tucked away for the winter.....got a new storage facility and I needed to move lots of cars, so the Vipers got parked earlier than usual this year...with the mild weather, I may break one back out

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Driving it every day, except when its raining (no reason to get it dirty when the 4wd is better in the rain anyway).

Perhaps you didn't mean to included Northern California. :cool:

handyman_321

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm in Toronto, and I drove mine right up until Christmas, but it finally snowed yestrday so I think she's going into her bubble for the winter very soon.