Any one have the Max Jax 2 Post Lift?

Nixon's SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have the Max Jax or have in information on it. I am looking for a 2 post and this look like it would work great as I could move it out of the way as needed and it has an attachment to lift a motorcycle. I have a 2 car garage and with a 8ft ceiling.

MaxJax Portable Two Post Lifting System by Dannmar

You must be registered for see images attach

repiv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have one, can't give you much feedback yet, as i just got viper back a week ago and haven't put in on the lift yet. Over the long holiday weekend I'll get it up there and let you know what I think.

seabass

Enthusiast
Reaction score
quick question - winter's almost here so I'm looking into lifts as well... would you guys use these to work on your car only? I don't wrench on mine at all so a 4' 2-post lift would do me no good... I need one that I can store another car underneath...

looking at the D7 for about $2k but need to get my garage door track raised some to be sure...

any thoughts?

thanks!

repiv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
quick question - winter's almost here so I'm looking into lifts as well... would you guys use these to work on your car only? I don't wrench on mine at all so a 4' 2-post lift would do me no good... I need one that I can store another car underneath...

looking at the D7 for about $2k but need to get my garage door track raised some to be sure...

any thoughts?

thanks!

I intend it to be a work only lift. I believe the manual says not for storage.

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does this lift mention how thick your garage floor should be to support this lifting action ?? Most home garage floors aren't thick enough to hold the anchor bolts...and support a two post lift, usually I think at least 6 inches to 8 inches thick...just my $.02

repiv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does this lift mention how thick your garage floor should be to support this lifting action ?? Most home garage floors aren't thick enough to hold the anchor bolts...and support a two post lift, usually I think at least 6 inches to 8 inches thick...just my $.02

directions say minimun 4" in the overview of the requirements, the drililng portion of the instructions say to drill holes 51/4" deep, i'm still not sure what to make of the conflict. My floors were 6" anyway

OP
OP
N

Nixon's SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
floor is plenty thick, but will have to test it to make sure. Just wish the ceiling was a little higher. Seems to be the hardest part for people is getting the anchors to grab in the floor. I havent seen to many issues with the lift from the reviews I've read

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you drill the holes use a good bit, exactly the size of the bolts, some people get a little loose when they rotate the bit around while drilling and soon they have rounded out the hole and it is larger than the bolts, the best way to install the bolts is that you have to use a hammer and slightly tap them in, I have at times had a snug hole and had to use a little water for lubricant, then I know that the sleeve on the bolt is working properly

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just thought of something else for the discussion, why mess with this type lifting method, when for about the same money you can get a four poster lift, that you don't have to bolt down and gives you storage capacity and can be moved in the garage...I am not crazy about storing a car on a 2 post lift for very long, the wheels hang down and can put wear and binding on the bushings in the suspension... I just don't like all the gravity pulling on the parts...also IF the car on the top of the 2 poster lift leaks any fluid at all, it will affect the vehicle's paint below it....again, just my $.02 for thought !!

seabass

Enthusiast
Reaction score
past ohio - my thoughts exactly... the drip pans are extra but the 4 post lift has like a 10k capacity and can be delivered to your door for $2k or less...

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tire flat spots went out with bias tires, now if it sits for years that may be something else, most 4 post lifts come with bridges and you can slightly jack up the car....I think the 4 post is the way to go for about anything, most of the four post people also include plastic drip trays into the deal plus it isn't always easy trying to make sure you get the swing arms just EXACTLY right just before you start to lift the vehicle, if I am missing the 2 post advantages I am sure someone here will point out the errors in my thinking...

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Duhhhhh I think that was about what I said....I am only trying to put out some of my past experiences with lifts and I am open to any ideas or reasons someone would go with a swing arm compared to a drive on 4 -post type...I think the swing arm used for longer storage does more damage to the car and suspension than a drive on, some people believe to put thick carpet under their tires on the drive on ramps to keep the tires in better shape (??) I just feel safer under a 4 post type and I also like having the drip trays just in case there is a leak !! Just my $.02

OP
OP
N

Nixon's SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be using mine to work on my bike and other cars. This isnt for storage but the ease of removing tires, oil changes and other work.

Looks like I will put my order in for the lift here shortly.

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Four post is the cats meow for storage.

It came with a tarp for under the car and drip trays, but I didn't bother as the Viper has never lost a drop.

Now for strictly working on vehicles, you'd have to go with the 2 post. Although with a bridge jack you can accomplish most of the same on the four post, albeit with the ramps in the way a little.:cool:

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Four post is the cats meow for storage.

It came with a tarp for under the car and drip trays, but I didn't bother as the Viper has never lost a drop.

Now for strictly working on vehicles, you'd have to go with the 2 post. Although with a bridge jack you can accomplish most of the same on the four post, albeit with the ramps in the way a little.:cool:

How do you get in the Charger?
The Dukes boys way?

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you get in the Charger?
The Dukes boys way?

Luckily, the garage is long enough, that the hood sticks out from under the lift far enough to play with the engine, but in this position I have to get in on the passenger side and climb over the console. Usually I'd drive it in forwards, but I planned on playing under the hood over the winter months.:D

I don't think I'm small enough, or dexterous enough to do a Duke boys impersonation.:lmao:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth