Any one purchased tires from this place? $199 each

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, two sets, with no problems whatsoever. They are apparently a fairly large operation that buys up excess stock in bulk from some of the tire manufacturers or wholesalers. If you need 'em, buy 'em.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I did too. I bought a few from there and a few from TireRack. Great tires but I have not gotten to use any of them yet. I have three sets.

Luke@tirerack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
don't you guys remember this post from Janurary of last year

we had many people and companies order them in large quantities at that time with the thought that pricing will return to normal levels in the future .... and that's exactly what has happened ..... when we offered those discount prices last year the tires were a 2-5 years old at that time and now it's a year later .......

I would recommend that the production date of the tires be checked and remember if they are 6+ years old they will not have the same grip as a current tire ....

we have exhausted our supply of the old production tires at this time and are back to the current production tires which is reflected in our costs and current pricing .... (sorry, I know this is not good news for you tire shredders out there)

I can not comment on this company directly as, I have had no dealings with them but, I can assure you that we, The Tire Rack, will continue to be here for our VCA and motorsport enthusiast brethren

OP
OP

97fatboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I called this place on the phone today to ask them about date of manufacture. They did not return my call. I will keep you posted. If it sounds to good to be true.....

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most all tires have production dates on the sidewall. It gives the week number and the year of production. When I buy a car or new tire I always check the production date. It is usually preceeded by "DOT"

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The auction is for just one tire.

LOL !!!

I wish I had a dollar for the wasted energy we eash just expended over ONE cheap (unknown) tire from an (unknown) seller. Amazing. Even more amazing, the selling price of that 1 mystery tire will now DICTATE what buyers are willing to pay for the next 6 mos......

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960