Any performance to be gained from corsa exhaust?

Spook120

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just wondering: besides the sound and lack of drone is there any appreciable hp/torque gains from a belanger headers with corsa exhaust system compared to a total belanger header and exhaust system? If this has been answered previously my apologies. Thanks in advance. *****

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Belanger/Corsa and the Belanger/Belanger systems are about the same power-wise. I haven't heard the two side by side, but when I heard a Belanger/Corsa system, it sounded damn good.

Venom08

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am looking to put on the Corsa exhaust for my next project. I really planned on keeping the stock cats, does this change the sound much?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
performance gained from Belanger vs Belanger/ corsa exhaust?

Power difference negligable Pure Belanger vs Belanger/Corsa Hybrid.
>
>
>
>
>
>
> except 2001-2002. Pure Belanger add 10HP

Last edited:

Tim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
While you’re at it, drop the factory cats and put in some hi flow cats. The car is cooler inside and way more comfortable to drive and your feet aren’t cooking as well it frees up some more ponies. I’ve done that with both my Gen 1 and Gen 2 and it was by far the best decision I had made on the exhaust. You won’t regret it.
The Corsa sounds good and even way better with a set of Bellanger Headers and NO Drone with more torque.

Tim

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
We dynoed a couple of cars set up this way earlier this year. HP / TQ about the same. Belanger uses a small Magnaflow muffler which is very loud and drones quite a bit but flows very well.

The Corsa's are just as loud at WOT, but quieter cruising and at idle with no drone.

Good upgrade for a street car, not necessary for a track car.

Dan

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did the corsa track exhaust and went from a trap of 122mph to 125.6mph, consistant with a 30rwhp increase. Heat reduction was at least 80% in the cabin & I have the stock headers and cats, it's amazingly cooler now, heat is no llonger an issue for my wife.

With my RT/10 and it's rear exiting exhaust I did a total belanger & it sounded awesome. With the SRT/10 vert and the exhaust esit now being about 30 inches from my ear, the corsa track at WOT is about as loud as I'd want this car, side exhaust is neat, but to me it's a limiting factor on the loudness that can be tolerated comfortably in the cabin with the top down - which is the only way I drive it, unless at the track.

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the High Flow cast and the Corsa couldn't handle the noise. Put back on the stock cats and run just Corsa. I enjoy it much more. I also took out the seats and the back panel and bought some insulation for under all the carpeting and it's way cooler inside.

I did the corsa track exhaust and went from a trap of 122mph to 125.6mph, consistant with a 30rwhp increase. Heat reduction was at least 80% in the cabin & I have the stock headers and cats, it's amazingly cooler now, heat is no llonger an issue for my wife.

With my RT/10 and it's rear exiting exhaust I did a total belanger & it sounded awesome. With the SRT/10 vert and the exhaust esit now being about 30 inches from my ear, the corsa track at WOT is about as loud as I'd want this car, side exhaust is neat, but to me it's a limiting factor on the loudness that can be tolerated comfortably in the cabin with the top down - which is the only way I drive it, unless at the track.

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think 30 rwhp is way too optimistic. THere are some threads if you search that had actualy dyno numbers I think its around 15-20 hp.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang