Any Players for Bradenton Tomorrow NIGHT??????????

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thinking of battling the Thunderstorms and making the 2 hour trek. I feel the need to lay down a run or two. Any players? I'd like to see if that track can hold a 9 second pass in the HEAT!

Tom

OP
OP
T

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,

Its 1:20 and raining hard here in Ocala now. We will be looking at the weather over the next few hours. It is our intention to make the 2 hour one way trip, but I am also realistically looking at the weather forcast. I plan on taking the Viper.

Tom

matt lankford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
tom, i sent you a pm

btw, im halfway between tom and the track and it is not raining and it hasnt rained

OP
OP
T

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its 4++ oclock and still raining here. Radar shows rain all the way down the I-75 corridor to Tampa. We are going to attempt to go up until about 6 pm and will post here if we do not leave by then.

Tom

OP
OP
T

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
UPDATE;

Looking at the latest doppler on weather.com at 4:53p and it shows an area of weather with medium intensity rain that is developing east of Sarasota and moving slowly north. Can anyone confirm how far this is from the track? Also, rain continues here since 1:30 and looks to be raining all the way to just north of Tampa.

Not looking good at this point.

Any weather experts in the area feel free to try my cell at 352-216-0070.

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go for it, maybe it'll be just like the last time we were there when it was raining all around us. The blood suckers were out in all their glory and it was so humid it reminded me of VOI6 in St. Louis.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, maybe I'll take my 'busa there and we can record it. Tom you against me on my 'busa and we can shut the bike fools up!

OP
OP
T

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well,

At 7 pm I pulled the plug. Still raining in Ocala and doppler showed rain down towards the Tampa area.

We will try again as there is a runday Sunday coming on August the 17th. This is an all day event so we should be able to make a run or two throughout the day before the afternoon showers come. I will keep everyone posted as the date gets closer.

Tom

OP
OP
T

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just heard that Bradenton rained out the racing tonight. I guess 20 years of flying jet planes and reading radar images has finally paid off! LOL

We are planning on the 17th of August. A Sunday all day event. Make plans to come if you can....weather permitting. Gerald, id love to take you up on the offer and i will even carry the video camera for you.

Tom

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang