Any unsold GTSs ???

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know this has to be crazy, but are there any unsold GTS's on MSO or anything like that?

Curious becasue there is an ACR on ebay right now, that was just titled in 2004, so I'm wondering if any other GTS, (ACRs would be a gift from god) are unsold, still somewhere in the country?

I know.. just pipe dreaming...

I'm sure if I want a 2004 z06, I'd find quite a few still on dealers lots never sold. ;)

Jon

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, I could be wrong on the years. Check them out. My memory could be fading here. Still wrapped in plastic, though. No joke. I distinctly remember a 2000. Red. The dealer is more of a collector than a dealership. Walk in there and look at the number of cars and the value. Stunning.....and, in the middle of Ohio? Financially I do not know how they do it. Literally, the worlds largest Lambo dealership.

Midwest Muscle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I doubt the warranty would still be there. It's either 36 months OR 36,000 miles ... whichever comes first. But then again, I suppose that does mean from the date placed in service. Hmmmm ...

Mike M

bloose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey, I could be wrong on the years. Check them out. My memory could be fading here. Still wrapped in plastic, though. No joke. I distinctly remember a 2000. Red. The dealer is more of a collector than a dealership. Walk in there and look at the number of cars and the value. Stunning.....and, in the middle of Ohio? Financially I do not know how they do it. Literally, the worlds largest Lambo dealership.

PatentLaw,

You'd be surprised what you can afford with reasonably priced Real Estate. I'm not sure how much that has to do with being able to afford a Lambo, BUT the cost of living in OH and the surrounding states is seriously inexpensive.

GTSREDDOG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought mine on June 10 2005 Brand New off MSO with the full warranty, so maybe there is a few more hiding in that dark dealer warehouse somewhere!!!

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I doubt the warranty would still be there. It's either 36 months OR 36,000 miles ... whichever comes first. But then again, I suppose that does mean from the date placed in service. Hmmmm ...

Mike M

Mike,
Correct, factory warranty period does not start until a new vehicle sells, or titles...

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mike M

Mike,
Correct, factory warranty period does not start until a new vehicle sells, or titles...

Correct. Warranty does not start until the car is titled. Someone just titled a 1992 if I recall. Great for them since many parts might need to be replaced from a car sitting for almost 15 years.

Viperchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty sure they're still there...at one time they had a red '97. i bought my last '03 from them. the cars were part of the owners collection....greg nelson. great guy. cars have full warranty...they even have a '94 that's an untitled mso car with full warranty.

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All sold out, Harvey tells me the collection was phenominal. The owner sold them, to help pay for a new lambo facility they were building. Anyone who got one of those cars was a lucky SOB. All still "under the wrapper" so Harvey told me. :(

Ok, next lead ??

Jon

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live about 20 miles from Nelson AG. Great place to poke around from time to time. Never know what they'll have sitting around. Usually, 8-10 new Lambo's and all kinds of used stuff, plus new/used Vipers. Kernie is the Viper tech there and services my car.

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shame you're not looking for a SRT, I doubt you'd have ANY trouble finding one untiled, probably have a heck of a discount too.

Forged Horsemen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
99 Vipers had great pistons, forged. Last year you could get them with zero blow by in the cylinders. LOL! Long live Forged Piston Vipers. Sorry, had to say that for old times sake. You guys that have been on this board for a while understand the inside joke. All in good fun.
Regards to all,
Forged Horsemen II
1996 VCA member

D.K.

Viper Owner
Reaction score
99 Vipers had great pistons, forged. Last year you could get them with zero blow by in the cylinders. LOL! Long live Forged Piston Vipers. Sorry, had to say that for old times sake. You guys that have been on this board for a while understand the inside joke. All in good fun.
Regards to all,
Forged Horsemen II
1996 VCA member

Well your not telling anything to Jon that he doesn't already know about your precious pistons. His 2002 ACR has the almighty precious "forged pistons", imagine that. Oh ya, don't let me forget his car ALSO has the 96 Hot Cam everyone of the pre-cream puff guy's like to brag about. So let's see..........he has a 2002 ACR with ABS , AND Forged Pistons AND the 96 Hot Cam , AND built, blue printed, and balanced by Arrow Racing. Seems I'm forgetting one more thing.........oh ya, he got all of this done under Dodge Manufacturer Warranty until 2009 or 100,000 miles. So I'm thinking that Jon is after an ABS Gen II which he has already proven he can easily add forged pistons and the hot cam if he chooses to do so. Damn Jon, you are one smart bastage.

Jon's car is like Blade "He's got all of their strengths.....and none of their weaknesses. :2tu: A tip of the cap to you...... :headbang:
:usa:

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol.. U got it bro !! Can I have my car back ;-)

The car now belongs to D.K. and he is rightfully so proud. Got more papers coming your way, Mike !!

And yes, every time I see another one of those damn photos of your mike, showing just how great that car is, I think how nice it would look in my custom garage now.

Still glad we did it, and still glad the car went to one heck of a nice guy.

Now, back to me finding another one, to start playing with again !! :)

Jon

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mike M

Mike,

Correct. Warranty does not start until the car is titled. Someone just titled a 1992 if I recall. Great for them since many parts might need to be replaced from a car sitting for almost 15 years.

There is a year "cutoff" before which the warranty is no-longer valid, even still if on MSO.

Bill Pemberton told me the year a while back but I don't remember it (I think it was five or six years). I do know it was after '92, so a "new MSO" '92 would not have a warranty.

Also, OEM's are only required to keep parts in stock for ten years after production ceases...... Gen I parts are gone, Gen II parts are going......

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang