Anybody ever see this done for real? ..........(pic)

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like it. The body Mods would be a pricey event but the white wheels look really nice. Anybody have white rims on their blue/white GTS?

You must be registered for see images

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Only 2 Vipers of Blue/White 96-7 vintage, were factory-delivered with white wheels. Documentation exists for one. (V.Q. Summer '96)
...that would be mine !

snowmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe a very early 96 proto-type had side pipes. Probably destroyed now. You can see a picture in the book "Viper".

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JF58854777:
I believe a very early 96 proto-type had side pipes. Probably destroyed now. You can see a picture in the book "Viper". <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Several mules and show-cars simply utilized Gen-1 Sidepipes, and the exact same exhaust (Not the one-off dually in drawing)

Quite a few GTS owners have converetd to sidepipes as recently as last month....Chuck Tator did two this year

Viperrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those twin pipes are very Daytona Coupe (cobra)like. Same for the big air extractor in the front of the hood. Jon.....how did you like cleaning those white wheels? Sandy Emerling said that on his white 96 GTS they were a real pain. I think that all three white 96's came with white wheels. So that makes 4 or 5 total.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
Those twin pipes are very Daytona Coupe (cobra)like. Same for the big air extractor in the front of the hood.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Viperrick,

You are correct. This is exactly what the artist was trying to portray. Common guys, it took Rick to point this out?

P.S. - Here's a FFR replica of the original.

Daytona.jpg

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JMcGuire,
"I ask because the two white+blue-stripes RT/10s I've seen both had white rims. Never thought to ask if they were that way stock.

Yes, that was stock on that color combination.
supergrin.gif

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Originally posted by JonB - PartsRack:
Only 2 Vipers of Blue/White 96-7 vintage, were factory-delivered with white wheels.
Documentation exists for one. (V.Q. Summer '96)

Jon,
the one mule that got away the preproduction 96 GTS that did not get crushed. I dont think has white wheels.
but again it is the mule.

wild that only 2 had white wheels!!!

JIM

Doc.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have white wheels on my blue/white 96 GTS. I bought them from Jon B and they are awesome. Before I mounted them I put on EBC green pads, and I painted the back of the wheels (the deep dish party that you can't get to to keep clean)flat black. You can not see brake dust on the black part. I get lots of compliments on the wheels and the judges at the La. Mopar Nat's last week commented on how good they look on the car.