Anybody have the short shifter from Xvipers?

michaelnouri

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hello,
is a cheap price upgrade and easy to install.
you get two different heights to see what you like on shift height.
you can also go with a hurst/bm or other complete short shift kits, however, you need to drill a hole in the frame to install a short shifter(hurst) or drop the transmission out to get a clean install.

this is just a simple two minute upgrade.
i do have the shifter ring/bezel in carbon fiber that is lowered and saves your knuckles.

1-866-XVIPERS

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome, that's exactly what I wanted. I'll be picking up one of these in a couple of weeks. :D

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also, Michael, the blue car pictured for the spring caps on your auction, does it have lowering springs also, or can I achieve that look without the springs? Thanks!

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also, Michael, the blue car pictured for the spring caps on your auction, does it have lowering springs also, or can I achieve that look without the springs? Thanks!

The car has Eibach pro springs and spring caps
dyno_06_005.jpg

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
treesnake, what's your opinion of the springs plus the spring caps? How's the ride, bouncy? any problems?

Thanks!

John

OP
OP
J

Juice

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hello,
is a cheap price upgrade and easy to install.
you get two different heights to see what you like on shift height.
you can also go with a hurst/bm or other complete short shift kits, however, you need to drill a hole in the frame to install a short shifter(hurst) or drop the transmission out to get a clean install.

this is just a simple two minute upgrade.
i do have the shifter ring/bezel in carbon fiber that is lowered and saves your knuckles.

1-866-XVIPERS

Sounds good.

Just wondering how it's installed? Does the knob come off of the stock shifter rod and screw onto the new shorter one?

Does the round cylinder have to be cut or anything?

Maybe I'd get it if I saw it first hand. Just not making much sense at the moment.

:dunno:

OP
OP
J

Juice

Viper Owner
Reaction score
treesnake, what's your opinion of the springs plus the spring caps? How's the ride, bouncy? any problems?

Thanks!

John

I've had a set of Eibachs and caps waiting to be installed for months. Still not sure which route I want to go.

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I put the lowering caps on my '05 ...the front seemed fine, but the rear was bouncy as hell ...never could figure out why (same springs, but maybe bottoming out?)

michaelnouri

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have the same bezel in billet polished or carbon fiber.
Chrome don't ever belong on viper. During the chrome process, copper is layered on, then nickel.
This adds weight, future chipping, and most of all the copper helps conduct unwanted heat to the item.
The bezel becomes to hot to handle.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have the same bezel in billet polished or carbon fiber.
Chrome don't ever belong on viper. During the chrome process, copper is layered on, then nickel.
This adds weight, future chipping, and most of all the copper helps conduct unwanted heat to the item.
The bezel becomes to hot to handle.

I'm on my 4th Viper with MGW chrome bezel, NEVER ANY problem with ANY chipping and it has NEVER been to hot to touch in all 4 cars. Easy intstall with NO drilling. And if you don't like chrome it's available in satin finish.
And not taking away anything from the other products on this thread but there is a brand new alternative. The new MGW full shift kit. For around $400-500 you get the shift kit, shorter shaft and your pick of thier shift knobs. Woodhouse put it on my new ACR and believe it you won't miss a shift again, someone finally completely fixed this.
George is also always willing to talk on the phone and is a Viper owner himself.
The shift kit is so new I don't think it's even on the web page. The first one was installed and developed on Bob Pantax's car. He posts a lot here so maybe he will comment.
Whatever the choice of shifter or short shaft, and I know Michael builds a great product as well, I'm hearing many happy comments regarding his service from those who have bought from him, any one of them is an improvement over stock and should be the first mod any one does in my opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine