1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone ever figure out how to add bluetooth to an RB1 radio?

Discussion in 'SRT10 and SRT10 Coupe Discussions' started by apeas2, Aug 21, 2013.

1. apeas2

apeas2 Viper Owner

I live in MD and only drive my 08 vert in the nice months so I dont want to upgrade the head unit, but would love to stream my music. Anyone?

2. intense5.5

intense5.5 Viper Owner

I don't think it's possible. Most popular option for the rb1 is the ipod adapter.

3. Makara

Makara Viper Owner

I thought that there was a uConnect module you could add on. I was considering adding a parrot to allow me to make calls through the radio and stream, which is another option.

4. Scottsviper

Scottsviper Viper Owner

I put the Mopar Ipod adaptor in my 08 vert. It messed up my computer it made my car go into limp mode and my odometer jumped up a few hundred miles. Just look at some of the posts on here about the Ipod adaptor. I would not suggest it. It cost me $500 to fix( mostly them trying to figure out what the problem was)

5. apeas2

apeas2 Viper Owner

6. shmoos

shmoos Enthusiast

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  7. apeas2

apeas2 Viper Owner

Please post pics. I only want bluetooth streaming for android. thanks.

8. shmoos

shmoos Enthusiast

They make one for android. The unit i have installed is not bluetooth. I didnt want to spend the money. I was happy with the aux. wire. I am taking pictures now of what i installed.

9. shmoos

shmoos Enthusiast

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

No splicing needed. Sounds great and when i get a phone call, i can hear it through my speakers. Most mobile phones these days have two mic's on the phone, this helps with reducing noise to the caller, and they can hear me clearly.
    I am happy with my decision, because if i want to remove it, or the next person who buys its wants to remove it, only thing that has to be done is plug antenna back into radio and remove isimple from car. Enjoy. If you want other pictures let me know.

Oh, here is the link to the droid isimple device. Hope this helps.

( https://www.isimplesolutions.com/product.aspx?zpid=542 )

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  10. apeas2

apeas2 Viper Owner

"Do not use fm wireless modulators. They suck. Isimple goes between your radio and antenna."

I believe your product and the android model is still an FM modulator so the sound quality is compromised compared to the Parrot kit I listed above.

11. shmoos

shmoos Enthusiast

Yes and no. Yes its a modulator, no it isn't wireless. My sound is perfect, no interference and it wasn't expensive. To each its own.
    Parrot is not cheap.
    So when you buy that new wire attachment, how does parrot gets it's sound through the speakers without interrupting the current sound?

12. apeas2

apeas2 Viper Owner

For the Parrot, you have to use the listed harness and it automatically uses the aux port I'm guessing. I ordered the modulator that you used just to hear it. If i like the quality of the music, i will stick with it.

13. shmoos

shmoos Enthusiast

14. apeas2

apeas2 Viper Owner

Okay Folks, I am one HAPPY driver. Thanks to Shmoos, I installed https://www.isimplesolutions.com/product.aspx?zpid=542 and a $11 antenna adapter for the dodge, and its sounds awesome! I can FINALLY stream my music through Bluetooth. I am not interested in cellular calls or I would have tried the Parrot. For $65 total, my RB1 sounds great with the newly added Bluetooth. Thanks SHMOOS!!!!

15. shmoos

shmoos Enthusiast

Np i forgot about antenna wires. Sorry

16. shmoos

shmoos Enthusiast

sorry not yelling. computers at work use caps all the time.

pics please

17. apeas2

apeas2 Viper Owner

I put in in the glovebox and powered it with T connectors jumped of the pop up cigarette lighter from under the console. Clean look, and everything stowed nicely in the glovebox. Thanks again!

18. shmoos

shmoos Enthusiast

Anytime. get the above magnet and u r all set.

19. ohlarikd

ohlarikd Enthusiast

Optionally, you can use a PXDX in addtion, which you connect to the Bluetooth adapter with RCA cables. Then you can connect the PXDX into the CD Changer port on the RB1. The end result is the same as what you have through the FM antenna, but this is a more direct connection for 'purists'.

I have NOT tried this, but its on my list. Since its effectively double the price, I am trying to find a deal somewhere.