Anyone ever had a mouse get inside one of the doors??

Clay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
05 Copperhead

Car lives in a garage in the country, and most of the time mice have never been an issue, but for some reason this winter/spring has been pretty bad, and we have seen a couple of them in the garage here lately.

I never noticed anything with the Viper, or the other cars, but yesterday was nice so I took the car for a nice romp. Once I got down the road and the exhaust got hot I noticed a ***** type smell. Well a mouse had some how gotten into the door sill area, NOT inside the passenger area, just where the door seals above the exhaust. There was a small *** spot, so I cleaned it up and thought all was well.

Well, getting ready to put it up, I put the pass window up, and it made a funny POP in the full up position. After that it ran up and down OK, but had a little vibration and made a different noise. I pulled the inspection cover at the front of the door and the window regulator cable guide has seperated from a piece in assembly.................... and I could smell more mouse ***.

So Im thinking a mouse got inside the door through the huge gaping hole where the door latch is, since it was able to get access to the door sill area and these are connected.

So I need to replace the regulator, thats not a problem, but I want to prevent this. Has anyone ever had this issue, and/or found a solution to keep them out?

Obviously getting them out of the garage (well underway) is the ultimate goal.

I also found they had been in the back part where the convertible top folds down, near the trunk seal. There are two large drain holes on either side of the car more than large enough for a mouse to fit.

anyway, your thoughts or experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Clay

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

SSGNRDZ_28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Although looking at it I don’t know how it would be possible for a mouse to get in a closed door, I once heard a rattle in my door. Turns out it was dog food stuck between the trim and door near the bottom? The car had recently been to the dealer for service so the two possibilities were:

1. Someone at the dealer put the dog food in there.
2. A mouse or other creature put it in there somehow.

Never found any other signs of a mouse in my house, but there is poison in the garage now. Hope this helps.

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have dryer sheets spread over my garage as a deterent. Traps of all kinds along the perimeters as well. Its like a smorgassboard of death in my garage. They can cause serious damage. they also do not like peppermint, so i spray that around about every other month. Have not seen any of the critters since i started this.
Good luck with this

dester243

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not my story, but my buddy has a shop and he had a SRT10 ram show up where a mouse got under the intake manifold and chewed the injector wires.

Mice **** when they get into your building. It's a pain to get rid of them. I hate if you poison them, they run into a wall, die and stink for a LONG time.

VIPER PIT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Used the sticky traps. Place a few around and under the car, mice no more. You might find one squealing trying to eat his foot off to get free!

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've never had the problem; but a friend of mine did a few years ago with his new Dodge truck. It stayed outside and mice got under the hood and chewed all the wiring. It was exensive to fix.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't focus too much effort on plugging holes in the car. That would just be treating the symptom rather than the cause.
Get rid of the darn buggers and focus on plugging holes in the garage. That will do it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callaghen