Anyone Familiar With This VVO 2008 Vert?

xRUSTYx

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Guys ...

In the market for my first Viper. Thinking of going with a 2008+ (Gen 4) vert and think I may have found something that seems to fit my needs.

My last car was a 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe - Love it, want to move to a Convertible. Was gonna wait for the hard top M3's, but saw a Gen4 driving down the road & fell in love. Plan to hold on to it until the Gen 5 vert's come out (2014 or so)

So, on to my question. Anyone familiar with this car? Good, Bad, Ugly? According to the owner, he is the 2nd owner, mods include a Corsa Exhaust and its been lowered. That's about it. Just want to make sure this isn't some sort of infamous vehicle with a clean carfax!

Appreciate it guys!

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...d=26&searchRadius=0&listingId=321172619&Log=0

You must be registered for see images

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I think most here would agree, the Viper isn't all of a sudden get one on a whim, and then expect it to be a car that funtions like a car. It's more of a love affair / commitment to absolute insanity and over the top craziness. The other cars you mention are cars. ' oh wow , the Viper looks neat, why not get one of those for transportaion ' -that just ain't gonna work. If you said -I can't decide between a Viper or a Ford GT or a Z06 or at least something like that, ok. But CTS-V / M3, those are cars. I guess what I'm trying to say is , the Viper is not a car, it is a monster. Don't buy one just cuz you saw one and it looks like a 'nice' car. It is not a 'nice' car, it is very angry, and will bite any disrespecting owner. Buy the new M5, it has alot of horsepower. or the new GT500.

OP
OP
X

xRUSTYx

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hmmm ...

Appreciate the comment, I guess, but how does one start a love affair without owning the vehicle? I've always admired vipers ... Late in my teens, I saw Gen3's and was always in AWE :)

To consider a CTS-V/M3 just a "car", I could certainly understand. They don't have the history, nor the uniqueness of the Viper community, but to encourage me to go own an M5? ... oooookkkkkk ... To say someone can't love a car, enjoy a car, and use it AS A CAR, is a bit preposterous. The Viper was built to be driven ... Whether that be to and from work, to and from events, to and from the track - That's the owners decision.

If you feel I will somehow "disrespect" a vehicle simply because I mentioned an M3 in the same breath, you'll be sourly mistaken. For Chris Sakes, I'm asking around ViperClub to find out information and to see if there was any history to the vehicle. If I didn't care, I wouldn't have asked in the first place.

Before being unruly and simply a bit mean - why not welcome a newcomer, instead of shoving them in the other direction?

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the Viper love to you sir. Just understand that these cars are not well behaved as daily drivers. -I drove mine daily for the first year or so, then I had to get a Corvette ( cuz it's more like a car ). If you are a crazy person that wants a Viper for what it truly is , then I apologize for the off putting. I thought for a minute by your post that you were a normal person looking for a car. Vipers are not for normal people. they are for lunatics. If you are crazy (like the rest of us) get the Viper , You'll love it! -Allan

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had a CTS-V 6 speed and loved it, but moved to an M3 vert, lol, great minds think alike. I then moved on to '12 Lincoln MKX, I now needed an SUV daily driver.

As for the viper, I'm on my 3rd in 13 yrs, love 'em, and people usually crazy love them or dislike them, I recommend trying it, you sound like someone who may love it.

Gen4 is a good choice, smoothest of the gen's. If its 2nd owner already I think the warranty won't transfer to a 3rd, that's something to check on. The asking price seems good, but I'd offer more like $62k and see, that's aggressively fair. I hate the H spokes on it, but the black makes them way better IMO, so not bad, otherwise, it looks good, but with a viper you need a good in person review of the car, little things like tires, a leaky strut, or seeping oil cooler lines, etc are easy not to pick up remotely and can add up quickly, but in general these things are rock solid when treated decently. Also it obviously has either a short shifter or a short shift lever, I'd ask for clarification, also clarify how it's lowered, like caps or motons, that's a $4k difference in aftermarket options, if motons, then the asking price is even better.

Good luck and don't hesitate with questions, this is a great car community, lots of good folks and info.

Wish I was in TX to help check it for you, but lots of viper guys in TX, one may be willing to check it out with you.

Dave.

OP
OP
X

xRUSTYx

Viper Owner
Reaction score
All the Viper love to you sir. Just understand that these cars are not well behaved as daily drivers. -I drove mine daily for the first year or so, then I had to get a Corvette ( cuz it's more like a car ). If you are a crazy person that wants a Viper for what it truly is , then I apologize for the off putting. I thought for a minute by your post that you were a normal person looking for a car. Vipers are not for normal people. they are for lunatics. If you are crazy (like the rest of us) get the Viper , You'll love it! -Allan

Haha ... Appreciate it Allan :)

I've had a CTS-V 6 speed and loved it, but moved to an M3 vert, lol, great minds think alike. I then moved on to '12 Lincoln MKX, I now needed an SUV daily driver.

As for the viper, I'm on my 3rd in 13 yrs, love 'em, and people usually crazy love them or dislike them, I recommend trying it, you sound like someone who may love it.

Gen4 is a good choice, smoothest of the gen's. If its 2nd owner already I think the warranty won't transfer to a 3rd, that's something to check on. The asking price seems good, but I'd offer more like $62k and see, that's aggressively fair. I hate the H spokes on it, but the black makes them way better IMO, so not bad, otherwise, it looks good, but with a viper you need a good in person review of the car, little things like tires, a leaky strut, or seeping oil cooler lines, etc are easy not to pick up remotely and can add up quickly, but in general these things are rock solid when treated decently. Also it obviously has either a short shifter or a short shift lever, I'd ask for clarification, also clarify how it's lowered, like caps or motons, that's a $4k difference in aftermarket options, if motons, then the asking price is even better.

Good luck and don't hesitate with questions, this is a great car community, lots of good folks and info.

Wish I was in TX to help check it for you, but lots of viper guys in TX, one may be willing to check it out with you.

Dave.

Haha ... That they do DMan!

The Warranty is from TotalCare? I believe, its not a factory warranty. He said it transfers. The lower is caps, not motons, and I'll ask about the Short Shifter! Thanks!

Yeah, I'd love if someone local to Houston? could check it out for me! I wouldn't mind paying them to do so - I'm just not real sure who to contact! Don't want to take a flight, to find out the car is less than advertised :)

Thanks DMan!

If anyone Viper knowledgeable is in the Houston area, and wouldn't mind checking out this car for me, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Thanks

OP
OP
X

xRUSTYx

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just tried to post in the Texas Regional's, but I wasn't allowed. Is there a posting requirement, do I need to notify someone? Thanks!

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya can't post in the regional section since you are an enthusiast, you would need to become a VCA member to gain access.

I am not familiar with this car and have not seen it around Houston before.

If and when you get really serious about purchasing a Viper, myself or someone in Houston can look at it for you. I am not real close to Sugarland, so it would be a drive for me to get there. It might be a little more difficult to gain member's trust here since you just joined the site, tire kickers come thru here occasionally (or people who do not have the financial end of a purchase figured out beforehand) which makes these situations less than straight forward. Welcome to the site!

OP
OP
X

xRUSTYx

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome hou99gts!

I can assure you I'm not a tire kicker, and have no problem paying for someones time & gas (Hopefully that will show the person checking it out for me that I am indeed serious) Assuming the person is reputable, I don't mind sending them gas & time $$$ PRIOR to them going :) Lastly, I have zero issues financially affording this vehicle :) I am coming from a 2011 CTS-V Coupe ($70k+ vehicle)

Hou99 ... If you or someone you know wouldn't mind checking it out for me, please let me know! I can shoot you my phone # and we can discuss! I'll just need to contact the seller to find out a good time to have someone stop by!

Thanks !!!!

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can check it out for you over the weekend if the seller can wait that long. I have owned a Gen II, III, and IV Viper, so I have a little experience with them and know what to look for..... :)
Please PM me your number if you are interested in me looking at it for you. What area of the country are you in so I don't call at a bad time?

Eric

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If that car was originally titled in Virginia you have one fast car, high 10's, although it's really the original owner who was fast. This car had that interior and it had the nav radio I see. So how many solid Orange had that interior and the nav. No way to know. The original owner or the second owner would have to added the black rear. That did not come on solid color cars.

Oh, it ran this with 100 miles on the car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTevFbLfm3g

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uh, Jamie is the man, vette, viper, mustang, he's a record setting talent in anything. He's virtually legend for making runs like that.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, 65 VVO's in roadster for 2008. Not as rare as a violet but more so than the 142 in black for example, how many had that interior, interesting.

I'd check on original title like Lee suggests, it'd be interesting to see where the car is from.

SRT8&10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That is a good looking car. I am in Houston, but have limited experience looking at used Vipers. Good luck with it, and let us know how it turns out.