Anyone get the Mopar 08-09 ECM installed yet??

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys,

There are 3 simultaneous threads running addressing this in The Grail Trail area.

If you don't mind, I'm going to close this thread hoping not to have a fourth one running.

By all means, please post in any of those other threads! :2tu:

City

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, it was pointed out to me that Fast Guy is not a member and therefore can't see the Grail Area. What a perfect moment to suggest that he, a viper owner, JOIN THE VCA! :2tu:

Nonetheless, in light of that fact, I think it's only right to re-open the thread. When should we expect your membership to begin Fast Guy :D ?

Gary Weeks

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have the new PCM and a few other goodies and really like it! It's hard to describe but the engine feels alot more like the Gen III cars with a bunch of low and mid range power. The idle is also different with the new PCM in that you can't kill the engine very easy at idle and it is a little rougher . I think it's worth the money....but that's just my opinion!:2tu:

dtenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think opening up the ranges on some of the sensors so check engine lights are avoided with mods is also part of the program. As well for the track guys I hear the throttle response is improved. I notice in my 09 that after you lift throttle the computer holds the rpms up for emissions burn off.
-David

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to put a slight damper on things, but you should be aware that there will be issues with emission inspections in certain states, i.e., sniffers you are OK, but OBDII monitors you are not.

vincy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, it was pointed out to me that Fast Guy is not a member and therefore can't see the Grail Area. What a perfect moment to suggest that he, a viper owner, JOIN THE VCA! :2tu:

Nonetheless, in light of that fact, I think it's only right to re-open the thread. When should we expect your membership to begin Fast Guy :D ?

I'm a VCA member. What is the grail area? Thanks.

jimchris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully any day or as soon as the dealer calls who they need to so my free 1st year VCA membership is activated. ;)
At least you were able to get upgraded to owner, I haven't been able to get that done yet. I called VCA and they said the dealer took care of that, someone said PM moderator with vin. # of car so I did that a few weeks ago and still nothing.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At least you were able to get upgraded to owner, I haven't been able to get that done yet. I called VCA and they said the dealer took care of that, someone said PM moderator with vin. # of car so I did that a few weeks ago and still nothing.

I'll see what's up Jim. We're here to help, so please give us a bit of a break if it something does not get done quickly. Thanks.

City

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hi! Your VIN# still isn't on your profile. Once you put it on we can have your title changed to 'viper owner'. If you decide to join the VCA, you will need that # on too for VCA added to your title.

Pm me if you need any help.:D

Reaction score
I just got confirmation here that, and I think Herb had eluded to this before, the PCM after the initial install and throttle learning CAN be swapped back and forth with the stock one without the dealers help!

I'm not condoning this but what should happen is that the stock PCM is for the street and when you get to the track you can swap in the OFF ROAD PCM for there and back again when you leave. This should eliminate any need to worry about smogging the car with the Mopar PCM in place. I do believe though that the Mopar OFF ROAD PCM would without a doubt FAIL any kind of emission testing so don't even try it.

:D:drive:

Gary Weeks

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mark
Are the 02 sensors still in place with the Belanger exhaust system? Also in the installation sheet that came with the PCM it says the odometer and VIN must be set in the new PCM how will that work if you swap it back? The VIN might be OK but the odometer would have to be reset? Thanks for all your help!

Reaction score
Mark
Are the 02 sensors still in place with the Belanger exhaust system? Also in the installation sheet that came with the PCM it says the odometer and VIN must be set in the new PCM how will that work if you swap it back? The VIN might be OK but the odometer would have to be reset? Thanks for all your help!

Odometer function is also in the dash module so that is not an issue. The 02 sensors are all still there but the rear ones are essentially useless with the Mopar PCM.

Gary Weeks

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Mark
Sound like everything will be just fine next year for inspection! Have you tried swapping yours back to stock?:dunno:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang