Anyone have a clear bra or invisibra on their car?

dyeguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright, go ahead with the obvious jokes. Just wondering if these things really look natural or if it's obvious that you have it on. Also, if they are removable without damaging the paint/clearcoat. It seems like I get a new rock chip every week. I'd put one on the whole dang car if they really worked and looked good.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard very good things about them when installed properly. I've seen a couple and they look good too.
I would imagine install is very important to make it look good.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
got one, love it and cant tell i have one.

bth1 is right, find someone who knows what they're doing.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have one the front and have add. pieces om my mirrors, headlight lenses, and rocker panels behind the wheels. It looks great and has really saved a lot of chips on my paint. The trick is to take your time and get all the wax and cleaners off of the edge of the film. I use a little water on a microfiber towel after waxing and it looks great. The key is the installer. I had one guy take his off after he did the first one. I went with a national company that actually has precut pieces that fit great. A lot of installers apply the pices "freehand". I have seen several of these and they don't look as good. IMHO I recommend the product.

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
plum,

Did you put any on the side sills? If so, has the heat affected it at all?

I'm trying to decide where all I need to put it.

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had 3M done on mine..custom from sheets for better quality, stonger mil and better coverage...

IMG_1201s.jpg

OP
OP
D

dyeguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had 3M done on mine..custom from sheets for better quality, stonger mil and better coverage...

BadVenom, your car and front fascia look awesome! So you're saying you had them custom cut yours because you wanted to have it made from thicker film? Do you know what the thickness is? Just curious, did they do your hood also and what did they charge you? I was quoted $599 installed by Ultrashield here in AZ for hood, bumper and mirrors. Do you think it looks pretty natural or can you see an orange peel texture in it? Thanks

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the same guy that did adams, did mine from a large sheet. and custom cut the whole thing. there is a pic of it in my gallery i think. i dont remember the mil thickness.

none on my sills though

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score

BadVenom, your car and front fascia look awesome! So you're saying you had them custom cut yours because you wanted to have it made from thicker film? Do you know what the thickness is? Just curious, did they do your hood also and what did they charge you? I was quoted $599 installed by Ultrashield here in AZ for hood, bumper and mirrors. Do you think it looks pretty natural or can you see an orange peel texture in it? Thanks

Yes I did hood as well as sills and it looks almost unnoticable,,dont remeber mil size but it sounds like your getting a kit insyalled by the price you got..

syldogRT/10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had my whole front end and mirrors done along with the first quarter of the rockers. The guy used 3M and free handed it. He is a local guy in my area that specializes in this, and he does all top end cars. I paid $400 and the job is flawless. I will do all my cars in the future. I truely recommend this product.

jaydoc1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
buffalo_run_small.jpg

Buffalo_Run_Decals.jpg

The entire nose of my car, the front third of the hood, mirrors, the entire door sill, and about 2 inches around all the wheel wells have 3M film. You tell me, I think it looks great. You really can't see it unless you are at exactly the right angle to see the sun glint off an edge. Otherwise it is perfectly clear.

Copernicus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had my whole front end and mirrors done along with the first quarter of the rockers. The guy used 3M and free handed it. He is a local guy in my area that specializes in this, and he does all top end cars. I paid $400 and the job is flawless. I will do all my cars in the future. I truely recommend this product.

Wow, that is a fantastic price. Who did your installation? Quotes I have been getting have been north of $1,000 for the type of coverage you describe.