Anyone have a Vipers by Elite custom hood?

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Simply friggin' awesome!! Hey Roger, can you modify an exiting hood to look like that? If so, we really need to talk!

not really, his hood has more curves. I am putting the center vents in my hood, (see my gallery) its a lot of work and if I had to pay someone to do this it would be cheaper just to sell my hood and buy Rogers.

USexoticsLTD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to say thanks again to Lauri, Ed, Dan, and Kevin in particular for being so good to me on here. I really appreciate it guys. :2tu: ... My experience has been great here on the VCA especially after meeting and hanging out with the four of you guys.

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
God i want one even more now! I think i am getting this before the Roe Super Charger. That hood is a work of art and so mean looking. I LoVE it! By the end of the year i'll have one, mark my words!

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What does a stock hood go for? If I could sell mine for the cost of one of Roger's plus paint I just might do that.

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What does a stock hood go for? If I could sell mine for the cost of one of Roger's plus paint I just might do that.

The market has really dropped out for used hoods. You used to get $3000 for a nice one. Now they are only getting $1000-$2000 on ebay. Shipping plays a huge part in the selling cost.

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I sold my used one for $2,500 and it wasn't perfect so there is still hope with the new ones costing $19,200

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
God i want one even more now! I think i am getting this before the Roe Super Charger. That hood is a work of art and so mean looking. I LoVE it! By the end of the year i'll have one, mark my words!

Jim, if you're going to install the roe yourself then just do it while you have your hood off. That's what I'm doing, makes it much easier to work on and I can't wait to get this monster put back together!

Roger, thanks for making an AWESOME product that you can get for a third of what it would cost to get a stock one. HOW OFTEN DOES THAT HAPPEN TO A VIPER :eek:

Jim, once again thank you for your service to this country!!! :usa: :usa: :usa: :2tu:

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He should be looking into producing replica's of stock hoods for the same type of deal, I'm sure he would drown in orders the first day he announces it's release.

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jim, if you're going to install the roe yourself then just do it while you have your hood off. That's what I'm doing, makes it much easier to work on and I can't wait to get this monster put back together!

Roger, thanks for making an AWESOME product that you can get for a third of what it would cost to get a stock one. HOW OFTEN DOES THAT HAPPEN TO A VIPER :eek:

Jim, once again thank you for your service to this country!!! :usa: :usa: :usa: :2tu:
If i had the money, i'd do that. But it's one expensive modification at a time for me lol. The Marine Corps dosen't pay to well lol.
So let me think here, a Diamond back hood goes for $5,000.00 right?
How much do you think i can sell mine for? Hell i'll take it off the car now and sell it, i won't be home for 5-6 months anyway.

I installed vinyle stripes on it but it's probably only seen the sun for about 4 total weeks within the past year and it's always garaged. So i seriously doubt it's faded, if it were which it probably isn't a good buff would fix everything. Hmm if i could sell my hood for $2,500.00 , i'd be able to swing buying the Diamondback hood :)

Anyone want to buy a stock 99 hood?

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just thought some might find this interesting.

Right now there is a Gen.II hood on Ebay being sold by X2 Builders with a opening bid of $6000.

In addition, I contacted Larry @ Viper Parts by Larry and he sells Gen.II hoods from $7500 to $9500.

Any thoughts or comments?

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as JUCD. I'm about to spend $1K on touching up my hood. But if I can sell mine and even get within $1K of the cost of a Diamondback Hood I'd do it. Even with original hoods selling for $7500 you'd think we could get $4K for our used ones. Geez.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as JUCD. I'm about to spend $1K on touching up my hood. But if I can sell mine and even get within $1K of the cost of a Diamondback Hood I'd do it. Even with original hoods selling for $7500 you'd think we could get $4K for our used ones. Geez.

$7500..?! Mine new one was about $12K 10 years ago, and someone just told me his recent accident replaced hood was over $15K

ryan94rt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hey roger,

you should just take the stock hoods in as trade and turn around and sell them on ebay or something...i bet you would get more business that way.

just a thought!

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HUH? Am i seeing this right. Ok i'm going to e-mail john B because my hood is in Awesome condition. I'll take that bad boy off today and sell it if i can get the diamond back hood.

Roger wanna take trade in's lol?

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The market has really dropped out for used hoods. You used to get $3000 for a nice one. Now they are only getting $1000-$2000 on ebay. Shipping plays a huge part in the selling cost.

i dont know what ebay posts your looking at but i listed my gts hood for $4900 and could get the phone to stop rining. Ended up selling it to a local guy the next day for $4,500. If theres any gts hoods on ebay in good condition between 1k-2k ill buy all of them and resell them for 5k-6k. They sell for 15k at the dealer ships and all the viper salvage yards sell them for no less then 9k. You might be able to pick up a busted first gen hood for may be 2k. Besides that hood is a third of the car. :bonker:

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anton - PM Sent

Sweet! So you think i should just put it on e-bay then? I'm thinking of selling it to X2 builders since their local but i'm calling scott back on monday to discuss it. If they don't offer me enough then i'll just put it on e-bay.
I e-mailed partsrack and i guess it was John B, he Acted like it wasen't worth much. I asked him if he was intrested in purchasing it and he said they sell hoods and they'll take it in as a trade in? i was a bit confused since John B dosent sell the Diamond back hood lol. So i was confused, why would i buy the same hood i already have? lol?

I also told him X2 had one on e-bay with a nice knick in it starting bid 6k and he said that was unrealistic.?

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what someone asks on ebay, and what they really sell for are two differant things. He will NOT sell that hood for $6000. I rarly agree with JonB, but he is correct. Like I stated before the OEM hoods are SELLING for $3000 on ebay in good shape (plus shipping) Roger would be foolish to take $1000 and a stock hood for his as he could not sell it for $4000 (and his hoods are really supposed to be $6000, but he is offering them for $5000 for now) I think JonB would take your hood on trade for a autoform hood (not sure, but it may be carbon fiber) and it is alot more money than rogers hood.

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i dont know what ebay posts your looking at but i listed my gts hood for $4900 and could get the phone to stop rining. Ended up selling it to a local guy the next day for $4,500. If theres any gts hoods on ebay in good condition between 1k-2k ill buy all of them and resell them for 5k-6k. They sell for 15k at the dealer ships and all the viper salvage yards sell them for no less then 9k. You might be able to pick up a busted first gen hood for may be 2k. Besides that hood is a third of the car. :bonker:

you got lucky, I can buy these all day for $3000. Its real easy to do a search on ebay and look at past sales. I have fixed plenty of vipers and know what the costs of used parts are. Maybe Gen2 hoods are worth a little more than gen1 hood, I called a viper yard last week and he has a couple slightly damaged hoods for $1500 ea. He had a clean GEn2 hood for $4000.

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what someone asks on ebay, and what they really sell for are two differant things. He will NOT sell that hood for $6000. I rarly agree with JonB, but he is correct. Like I stated before the OEM hoods are SELLING for $3000 on ebay in good shape (plus shipping) Roger would be foolish to take $1000 and a stock hood for his as he could not sell it for $4000 (and his hoods are really supposed to be $6000, but he is offering them for $5000 for now) I think JonB would take your hood on trade for a autoform hood (not sure, but it may be carbon fiber) and it is alot more money than rogers hood.
The hell with that lol, i don't want an autoforum hood i'd much rather keep my stock one lol

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

you got lucky, I can buy these all day for $3000. Its real easy to do a search on ebay and look at past sales. I have fixed plenty of vipers and know what the costs of used parts are. Maybe Gen2 hoods are worth a little more than gen1 hood, I called a viper yard last week and he has a couple slightly damaged hoods for $1500 ea. He had a clean GEn2 hood for $4000.
Intresting. I've already gotten an offer for 4k, if i pay the shipping. I think i can get more. I put my hood in the classifieds and on the alley classifieds, i'm waiting to hear back from a few other people and if nothing comes up i might just put it on e-bay starting bid 4500 and see what happens. I'm not in a hurry, my Viper is in the garage and i won't be home for at least 5 months anyway so if i have to wait two months to get that price then not a big deal. But it looks like their worth more then 3k like you said. sure you can get one for 3 k on e-bay thats been fixed with some bondo lol but who would want that?

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stick to your guns and dont sell for less then 5000k!!!!!!!!!! I dont care who is selling what and for how much, a genII viper hood is worth at least 5k. If you people start selling them for less well then inventualy they will become worthless. Roger has a great product but you cant base the worth of the stock 17k dollar gen2 hood using diamond backs 6k dollar price tag. I would definetly buy the dimond back hood over the stock gen 2 but there are more people out there who would rather buy the oem replacement.

Im sure if you give it enough time youll definetly find some one who will pay 6k for it. Theres a reason why x2 builders and such places are selling theirs for 9k+

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm with you Anton28!! When I do decide to sell mine I'm going to start around the $5000 mark. I can't see myself pricing my hood around the $3000 mark to make a quick sale. I have no problem waiting it out if thats the case.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960