Anyone have Belanger Hi Flow cats installed on Gen 4?

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am planning next week on Hi Flow cats along with headers etc. on my Gen 4 and need feed back first from those that have the Belanger brand Hi Flow cats installed on their Gen 4. Are they reliable and do you like them over all? Do they allow flex with engine movement? Im aware of other brands such as Random and Roe but would like your opinion of the Belanger cats. Thanks.

beerly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On my gen III the drivers side header is designed to come through the tunnel to the side sill just a little lower than the passenger side which, according to Lou Belanger allows room for engine movement. The cats fit perfectly inside the sills and I've had no issues with rubbing or touching the inside of the sills and they're heat shielded. Just make damn sure the downstream o2 sensors are rerouted well away from the exhaust and wrapped well. I thought I did a good enough job but they melted

OP
OP
V

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
since you dont use the front hangers the whole system can still move enought to allow for the ridgid mounted cats.
Thanks also Mark for the good info. I will use these. Look also at my recent post please about straight pipe with no muffler to add to the set up. Does anyone sell the no muffler cat back pipe for the Gen 4 or any results from just cutting off the muffler portion and welding a tube piece in to get the desired results? Mark

Viper Garage Elite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have the full belanger system on my gen 4 acr everything is great except can't pass an inspection in NY due to 2 not readys on the computer due to catalytic temps not hot enough and o2 sensor not reading properly. It has been a big problem for me .

OP
OP
V

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the full belanger system on my gen 4 acr everything is great except can't pass an inspection in NY due to 2 not readys on the computer due to catalytic temps not hot enough and o2 sensor not reading properly. It has been a big problem for me .
Not good. Do you have the Mopar PCM also? Thought that took care of it? If not, how do owners with this set up install without the problem you have?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R