Anyone have experience pulling 14 ga. speaker wire

FastGuy68

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am about to install a new stereo system in my 2009 ACR ******** and was curious if anyone has pulled new speaker wire through from the doors. It looks like it's gonna be a real beaatch getting to the openings under the dash. :crazy2: Anyone been there done that on a GEN 3/4?

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is much easier on the driver's side than the passenger's side. The driver's side is pretty straightforward...just pull the rubber flexible cable routing thingie up on the door and body side, and shove the speaker wire through...it won't take too much effort until you can grab it and pull it the rest of the way in the cabin. On the passenger's side, there's a lot more stuff in the way with the HVAC...you do the same thing as you did on the driver's side, but you'll have to pretty much lay on your back and look up with a bright light to see where it comes in the cabin. I had to use a long pair of pliers to grab it and pull it down enough to where I could finally grab it and pull it the rest of the way in. That side took me about 3x as long.

As long as you are working in an area where you can have both doors fully open, it really isn't that hard. It's just not that much fun.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its not too hard. Pull the door boot off the door and body, get a wire fishing tool, gopher tool or a long ziptie with the end cut off. Fish that through the boot, then tape your wire and pull. Some wire lube, windex, oil, lotion, whatever you have laying around LOL will help if needed. Just a dab on a rag and rub down the wire if it starts hanging up.

I pulled wire to the doors and dash on my 08 coupe, will do the same if I decide to put a stereo in the 09 ********. I did it all by feel, didn't lay down in the car at all, it wasn't bad. Just make sure you get the door boot snapped back into the body correctly when you are done.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang