Anyone Have The BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDW-2's??

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't think the aspect ratio of the 285-30-18 vs the 275-35-18 would be that different, but they are.............I would have gone with the 295-35-18.

Not sure if it's known how to calculate the sidewall height.. ignore this if you do..
30% of 285 mm = 85.5 mm
35% of 275 mm = 96.25 mm
35% of 295 mm = 103.25 mm

Therefore, approx total tire heights are..
285-30-18 is 85.5 mm X 2 + 18 inches = 24.73 inches
275-35-18 is 96.25 mm X 2 + 18 inches = 25.58 inches
295-35-18 is 103.25 mm X 2 + 18 inches = 26.13 inches

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
...This is a new tire released for the Viper. .....[/quote]

Plase allow a correction: BFG had no hint of a Viper in mind, much less engineering. Its coincidental that the size fits. Wheras PS-2 was specifically Viper Engineered.

We have had these exact BFGs available for almost 6 mos now, from $1020 set of 4.
We recommend them only to budget-driven buyers. Cost per miles is the lowest.
Performance/Handling driven buyers would be urged to choose PS-2.

I have not personally compared PS2 vs these specific BFGs, but tire folks close to us HAVE and they say there is NO PERFORMANCE COMPARO vs PS2. Not Close. Just Price.

I would prefer Kumhos at $950/set 4 but heck, Im price AND performance driven!

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Plase allow a correction: BFG had no hint of a Viper in mind, much less engineering. Its coincidental that the size fits. Wheras PS-2 was specifically Viper Engineered.

We have had these exact BFGs available for almost 6 mos now, from $1020 set of 4.

I have not personally compared PS2 vs these specific BFGs, but tire folks close to us HAVE and they say there is NO PERFORMANCE COMPARO vs PS2. Not Close. Just Price.

Cost per mile is lower? Are you saying they do not last for more mileage? What would you say the term life is? The thread rating is alot higher than the PS2s. 220 vs. 300. I would think they last longer?

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jon, You only have the Kumhos for a 17" rim correct? Also, what is the mileage out to these, I've heard about 15k total but they grip on par or better then the PSll?

XLR8SN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe what he means is that if you divide the total cost of $1020 per mile that they last....then it would turn out to be the cheapest since they last a long time. The tread wear was something like 300 I think. I used to have a G35 and ran them on the SCCA course......not too bad. It depends I think on what you want. If you are looking for a tire just to cruise on and works okay in the rain...then these were fine. If you are looking for performance tires...then because of the harder compound, of course these will not grip as well as the softer performance tuned PS2's.

As mentioned, the PS2's were designed as OEM tires for the Viper, so the tests and the data were based and utilized from/with the Vipers characteristics in mind. The BFG's were designed for some performance and wear but for a broad range of vehicles that could use the sizes that BFG were going to produce.

It is what it is. PS2's are a better performance tire and the BFG's are a better longer wearing tire. As long as the individual understands the limitations of their abilities and the products that are used on their vehicle (Viper or otherwise) I think that they will be satisfied.

Best of luck and order them from Jon. Prices cant be beat and service is really quick. :headbang:

Last edited:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I believe what he means is that if you divide the total cost of $1020 per mile that they last....then it would turn out to be the cheapest since they last a long time. The tread wear was something like 360 or 400 I think............
It is what it is. PS2's are a better performance tire and the BFG's are a better longer wearing tire. As long as the individual understands the limitations of their abilities and the products that are used on their vehicle............Best of luck and order them from Jon. Prices cant be beat and service is really quick.

You stated it far better than I !

I thank you................

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
JonB - PartsRack;2503467[COLOR=red said:
]....Jon, You only have the Kumhos for a 17" rim correct? Also, what is the mileage out to these, I've heard about 15k total but they grip on par or better then the PSll?....[/color].

The 18" Kumos are avail, limited supply, $949 /set of 4. They last 4000 miles rear at the most.

The 17" V-700s are gone.....

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe what he means is that if you divide the total cost of $1020 per mile that they last....then it would turn out to be the cheapest since they last a long time. The tread wear was something like 300 I think. I used to have a G35 and ran them on the SCCA course......not too bad. It depends I think on what you want. If you are looking for a tire just to cruise on and works okay in the rain...then these were fine. If you are looking for performance tires...then because of the harder compound, of course these will not grip as well as the softer performance tuned PS2's.

As mentioned, the PS2's were designed as OEM tires for the Viper, so the tests and the data were based and utilized from/with the Vipers characteristics in mind. The BFG's were designed for some performance and wear but for a broad range of vehicles that could use the sizes that BFG were going to produce.

It is what it is. PS2's are a better performance tire and the BFG's are a better longer wearing tire. As long as the individual understands the limitations of their abilities and the products that are used on their vehicle (Viper or otherwise) I think that they will be satisfied.

Best of luck and order them from Jon. Prices cant be beat and service is really quick. :headbang:

Thanks for the explaination.

XLR8SN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the explaination.

No prob. Just trying to be of some use while I am waiting for mine to come in. When it finally comes in...I know that I am going to be looking and asking for answers myself.